Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Heaviest off the shelf arrow??

Old 03-19-2011, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Heaviest off the shelf arrow??

Just curious if anyone knows what the heaviest off the shelve crossbow arrows are out there. I know I can add more weight with inserts and chose of head etcetra but without going custom what are my options. Don't even ask why I want them because I can't give you a good answer.
I do know a guy who likes to throw logs at the critters and he does that with aluminium arrows to start with. I don't want aluminium and I don't want to make them. Any ideas???
Old 03-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Already cut fer CB use ? GT IV at 13.5 gr per inch should up thar with the heavey weights
Old 03-21-2011, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by smokepolehall
Already cut fer CB use ? GT IV at 13.5 gr per inch should up thar with the heavy weights
Agreed, and if you add a 175 gr Crossbow Slick up front, plus a 110 brass insert, vanes and alum nock you'll get very close to 600 grs.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mike Cossack.. Can I buy GT IV's right off the shelve as a finished arrow or do I have to buy raw shafts and make them??
Old 03-21-2011, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Planter
Mike Cossack.. Can I buy GT IV's right off the shelve as a finished arrow or do I have to buy raw shafts and make them??
There may be others but GT has em: http://www.goldtip.com/productdetail.aspx?ptid=150