Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Tinskyb

Old 03-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Spike

Question Tinskyb

Just got a new vortex and i would like some imput as to the best bolts and broadheads to use for hunting deer & pig. Thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

You like carbon or alum. or both ? carbon victory-maxima hunter-GT II & III & IV-& several other good one's. alum. 2114-2213-2117-2216-2219 several you can use brass front insert in fer more FOC. BH's ends up being a personal choice but here are a few of mine i have used to good effect over the yrs. NAP Spitfire- Montec G5 & Striker-Magnus Snuffer SS & reg. Snuffer 125- Slick Trick Mag. & Razor Trick
Old 03-16-2011, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I make my own strings and arrows for my Vortex, so will address both.
32 strand Flemish string, D97 Plus, Halo or Angel Majesty serving, gives me about 13 fps on factory Excel string.

GT Lazer II with 110 brass insert, alum nock and 2"Blazers or Fusion vanes. Tipped with 100 gr Slick Trick mags or NAP Spitfires. Weigh 405 gr, FOC=+18%, 320 fps with above string. Fast, accurate, great terminal performance. Veritable death-darts.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

GT Lazer II with 110 brass insert, alum nock and 2"Blazers or Fusion vanes. Tipped with 100 gr Slick Trick mags or NAP Spitfires. Weigh 405 gr, FOC=+18%, 320 fps with above string. Fast, accurate, great terminal performance. Veritable death-darts
X2 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx