Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Help please !

Old 12-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help please !

I've been a advid rifle and BP hunter for many years. I bow hunted many years ago but haven't in at least the last 25 years. I have a Ten Point Titan HLX X bow coming and to be honest I know next to nothing about a X bow.This was the first season that CB's were legal to use in NC without a disability. That will get me in the woods sooner next season.

I'm sure I'll be dropping in and asking questions. I'll probably learn more once I get the owners manual.

My first question and it might be a stupid one. The arrows used on a X Bow are the broadheads different from what's used on a compound bow?
I have some broadheads here that have never been opened but I don't know if I can use them on the X bow arrows or if it takes a special broadhead.

Thanks for the replies and Happy Holidays to everyone.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Basic rule of thumb...if you want a mechanical stay away from low pressure opening models. Something like a NAP Spitfire is a good choice as they work all the time. If you want a cut on impact keep the cut diameter to 1" max. Any larger and it can be a hit or miss as to how well they shoot compared to your field points....

Wyvern
Old 12-13-2010, 04:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought the same one this season. Stick with 100gr, I have and shoot/shot Slick Tricks and Wasp Jack Hammers (mech) Had success with both heads. I use the aluminum arrows supplied as a discharge arrow alonf with a dull field tip and the Hornet discharge block $19.99 at cabella's and bought the Ten Point Carbon Cross bow arrows- HEA-620.6 Carbon 22/64 20" SB CAP w/Vanes and am very satisfied with the set up. Good Luck.

PS. I now also carry one any old broadhead for a dispatching shot if ever needed , rather than use one that I hunt with.

Last edited by jerseyhunter; 12-13-2010 at 04:20 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys for the replies. I'll be looling into broadheads and arrows soon. I have to get over the shock what this Ten Point cost. I do appreciate your help.