Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Cyclone info

Old 08-05-2010, 10:37 AM
Spike

Default Cyclone info

Hello, I would like to know if there is a difference between the 09 2010 models other then the suppressor kit. I am watching one on life outdoorsman but they don't state the year. If there is a difference which one should I lean towards. Thanks & God Bless..... John
Old 08-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

The barrel of the '09 is 1" longer, takes more effort to **** but is about 20 fps faster with comparable weight arrows.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:32 AM
Spike

Default 350fps

What is the risk of going afield with a xbow that shoots faster than 350fps. I mean how will the DNR know if i have a 09 cyclone w/suppressor kit which shoots faster than the 2010. unless they measure it in the woods or will they have an index card which states which xbow model shoots what fps. they surely won't have a chrono in the woods with them or.... will they? just a thought, any input would be appreciated. thanks and God Bless John,
Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Yancho
What is the risk of going afield with a xbow that shoots faster than 350fps. I mean how will the DNR know if i have a 09 cyclone w/suppressor kit which shoots faster than the 2010. unless they measure it in the woods or will they have an index card which states which xbow model shoots what fps. they surely won't have a chrono in the woods with them or.... will they? just a thought, any input would be appreciated. thanks and God Bless John,
I hear tell that (some) states that have a speed limit intend to take the manufacturer's specs for the bow, i.e if it's capable of shooting over 350 by what bow co says. Guess I'd check with your state DNR or risk a citation.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:16 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Cossack
I hear tell that (some) states that have a speed limit intend to take the manufacturer's specs for the bow, i.e if it's capable of shooting over 350 by what bow co says. Guess I'd check with your state DNR or risk a citation.
Guilt by advertising. LOL By that logic; I guess if your car CAN go over 65mph you should be written up for speeding as soon as you pull out of your driveway. <smile> Let's make a rule and worry about how to enforce it later.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Surprised? These folks don't even need a warrant to search your car for excess game...don't piss em off.