Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

new Barnett Penetrator

Old 09-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Spike

Default new Barnett Penetrator

I've been reading here alot about how poor Barnett xbows are but I haven't seen anywhere that anyone has had any problems with a new Predator. I own a Penetrator which is a Predator with a shortened power stroke made solely for D**** sporting goods. I really like my xbow and have shot it around 40-50 times and haven't noticed any problems. I'm not trying to get an argument started, just that I haven't seen any bad publicity on this particular bow.
Old 09-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am glad your CB is working good for you. i like to see ppl who like their chosen models.
Old 09-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Spike

thanks smokepolehall. I love my new bow .The trigger and accuracy are fantastic. I can't wait till season opens
Old 09-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Spike

I really like the speed and accuracy of my Quad 400 but the trigger could be nicer.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default Barnett

Barnett seems to be on the right track and have made good improvments over the past 2 years. If someone hasnt tried the new Barnett they should give them a second look for the price point. Buckeyefootball
Old 09-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Spike

I bought the Revolution 2 weeks ago. I like the looks, feel and the adjustable stock. The thing is fast and accerate. But the 2 feet of creep on the trigger sucks. I also dislike the fact that it only took a couple dozen shots before the riser exploded. 10 days before season opener and I get an email from Barnett saying they will be working on my bow tomorrow 9-10-09. WTF they had it since 9-3-09. I realize the holliday falls in there too. Looks like the 10-point will be comming back out of retirement. Maybe they will surprise me.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Quad82
I bought the Revolution 2 weeks ago. I like the looks, feel and the adjustable stock. The thing is fast and accerate. But the 2 feet of creep on the trigger sucks. I also dislike the fact that it only took a couple dozen shots before the riser exploded. 10 days before season opener and I get an email from Barnett saying they will be working on my bow tomorrow 9-10-09. WTF they had it since 9-3-09. I realize the holliday falls in there too. Looks like the 10-point will be comming back out of retirement. Maybe they will surprise me.
Bet you have better luck with the Ten Point then the Barnett!
Old 09-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Spike

I have had the 10 for several years. Would never spend the big money for another one. At least not with all the chocies out there now. I am not a brand specific nut like some. I like what I like. Sometimes I get cherries and sometimes I get lemons. But ya, it's nice to have a spare.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Spike

wow coyote! I'm sorry to hear the bad news. I'm sure the Ten Point is a great bow,and probably wouldn't let you down. But My original post though, was inquiring about the predator xbow. I have heard horror stories about other models but not this one in particular. I hope they make good on the repair. Could you keep us posted?
Old 09-10-2009, 02:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

My Ten Points are fine both of them,had a Barnett blow up
on me hope your repairs are taken care of to your satisfaction
they are supposed to have good customer service,they should
they get enough practice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.