Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Rage broadheads and Shoot Threw Mesh

Old 03-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rage broadheads and Shoot Threw Mesh

I was getting ready for turkey season. so i got my hunting blind in Monday and thought I would try it out. its a kill zone with shoot threw mesh. first shoot was with the practice tip at 10 yards and it 1 inch high. nice! Second shoot was with a real tip and hit 2 inches high.(?). I then saw that the blades had open, there was a nice cut in the mesh. So I shoot a second real tip and completely missed the target and there was another cut in the mesh. So has I see it the rage 2 blades broadheads can not shoot threw mesh, they just opening to easy. dont get me wrong I wont use anything else for deer hunting but it dont look like they are going to work for turkey.I was really looking to use the mesh so now I need to try some slick trick heads. anyone else run into this?

Old 03-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage broadheads and Shoot Threw Mesh

I've shot 2 different brands of mechanicals through mesh - BOTH opened up upon hitting the mesh. One was a cheaper brand mechanical that I can't remember the name- it opened up but still managed to fly straight and hit the turkey I was aiming at. The other was a Rocket mechanical- opened up as well. I've shot non-mechanicals through mesh (NAP Thunderheads) and they shot just fine- the mesh had no affect on the arrow flight.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:16 PM
Typical Buck

The only mechanical that i have that would go thru the mesh without opening is the NAP shockwave.

Martin
Old 03-20-2009, 04:03 AM
Spike

I shoot both stricknines and spitfires through mesh all the time with double rubber bands they work like a charm I shoot an Equinox so I have plenty of power I have yet to have one not open in the animal