Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Razor Tricks Hunting Test Part 2

Old 10-08-2008, 05:44 PM

Default Razor Tricks Hunting Test Part 2

Well the new Razor Tricks I bought are performing up to my hopes and expectations of a cut on contact head. I already knew how much I liked them from backyard practice but hunting would tell the tale. The first one took a doe (already on this forum in a previous post) and the second one took a spike buck yesterday afternoon. It was a 30 yard shot and went threw him into a sapling. It had already burried itself into the sapling before he even took off. Once again the blood trail was immediate and plenty to follow. The buck only went 60 yards from the shot. I tried to pull the blades out to look at them but the insert came out of the arrow. I went back and hunted this morning, Wednesday, and took vise grips with me but still couldn't get them out. So I guess it's safe to say they were plenty sharp when they went into the sapling even after passing through a 120 lb spike buck. They are mounted on a 20" inch Gold Tip Lazer II carbon arrow with 2" blazer weighing 401 grains and travelling at 324 fps. I'm sold on them and I'm going to snag a couple extra packs just in case they don't catch on and disappear as some broadheads are known to do.
[/align]