Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

target

Old 09-17-2008, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default target

looking for a reccomendation for a target for the Xbow. I would like it to be portable as I want to shoot into it after hunting to unload. I do not want to break the bank, I do not shoot every day but do shoot a minimum pof once per month. I usually keep a field point for unloading,.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: target

I use a box about 12 inches square packed tight with rags and taped with duct tape.

Martin
Old 09-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Buckmasters 180 Bag target thats good for FP
Havent found a BH target I like yet but have only tried a few.

I unload into the ground with a FP
Old 09-18-2008, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I uncock via rope cocker. I've had a slew of targets. The best, imho is the Rinehart 18-1. Takes both points, virtually indestructable, self healing, water proof and portable. Save your $ on Blocks and McKenzie layered foam types, bheads destroy them.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Deleted
Old 09-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have been shooting the heck out of the Rinehart 18-1 and agree with Dan it is the best target going for both BH's and FP's. If you want to save some doe thana box or feed bag filled with rags is tought to beat for field tips. I prefer the feed bag as it doesn't fall apart after a few to many rains.

Glad your OK Awshucks.

I also have some over the hill 3D deer targets. They are shot to pieces and all thats left of them is the azz end. It looks pretty odd having deer butts stuck in the ground. Right now when I pick a spot it's the Azz. Hope that doesn't carry over to deer season..
Old 09-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

I uncock via rope cocker. I've had a slew of targets. The best, imho is the Rinehart 18-1. Takes both points, virtually indestructable, self healing, water proof and portable. Save your $ on Blocks and McKenzie layered foam types, bheads destroy them.

How is the arrow removal on the Rinehart?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

How is the arrow removal on the Rinehart?
Scott, I'm on my 2nd Rinehart. The 1st one was nearly impossible to pull GT's from. Met up w/ DJH on a UFFDA hunt in Mo, [think, but coulda been Rio in Tx] and he had both w/ no problems. On the UFFDA hunt in Mo, the owner had a brand new 18-1 and I had no trouble pulling GT's w/ field tips, even easier w/ bheads. I lost a couple of inserts w/ field points in it and felt bad as I just knew someone was going to ruin a bhead hitting the junk I left in his target. Sooooo, I offered to buy it from him, he told me ok, and that he could get them wholesale, so I got a heck of a deal. [$60] If you could see the one DJH carrys around, you would be impressed. The thing must have 5000 holes in it, looks like he's been dragging it from state to state behind his vehicle, but still works like new. I do use Millers pliers type arrow puller, btw.