Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Finally got to shoot my Xbow

Old 09-02-2008, 12:05 PM

Default Finally got to shoot my Xbow

Friday after physical therapy I got out my Summit HD 150 and the rope cocker. Lazered my target at 20 yards, sat on my hunting stool, set up the cocker and gave it a tug. I was able to cock it with very little trouble or pain. Seated a bolt, set the forearm on my monopod, placed the red dot in the middle of a 2 inch dot and squeezed one off. Slightly low and right, 2 more just like it and adjusted my dot. Went back to 30, and turned the distance/sight adjusting knob from 0 to 2 and put 3 more in the 2 inch circles, wow. Took it back to 40, turned the knob up to 3, bull, bull, bull. Very happy now. I had some broadheads I bought to try, 2 types. Type 1, Allen 100 gr. 3 blade,(Wally World cheapies) Fired the first and it disapeared so fast I thought it went through my Block. Second one hit at the very bottom rh corner of the block, just off the ground at 20 yards. As I went to retrieve them, both were within 2 inches of each other and had shed one of the 3 blades. Windplaned so bad I was lucky they did not come back, (POS) Got out the Easton Sabre Titaniums 100gr, look like a Muzzy. Screwed em on and let em fly. Just to the right of the bull 3 times. Tweaked the sight and now I am centered and ready to rock.Fired several more groups of three and the bh's held up very well. I plan onnot shooting anymore target points until after season, just bh's. Iwill try my pop up ground blind this week and shoot from it. Has anyone had experience with shooting through the shoot thru screening? I am so excited about using this set up.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:33 PM

Default RE: Finally got to shoot my Xbow

Congrats on your new toy! Muzzys always flew great out of my older Horton. I have never shot through mesh blinds before so sorry for no info for you on that.