Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

rage broad head performance with x-bows???

Old 07-26-2008, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default rage broad head performance with x-bows???

Anyone tried these with a crossbow???? Am having trouble with fixed blades not hitting where practice points hit and was told to go to amechanical. Just wondering how they hold up and if you can take quartering shots like they claim you can on their web site. Thanks, Scott Woody
Old 07-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: rage broad head performance with x-bows???

I shot 2 deer last season with RAGE broadheadsone with a 2 blade, onewith a 3 blade. Recovered both deer.
Was not satisfied with the results of either head. Both deer were hit thru the the goodies, both traveled a long waysand neither bled well.
IMO I don't think the blades are sharp enough.

xbowbarry

Old 07-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Am having trouble with fixed blades not hitting where practice points hit
Have you tried smallish, four bladed fixed heads like Slick Tricks? It took me two missed bucks to find that larger, three bladed heads, like Thunderheads, tend to make the arrow plane. And even though one is same as field point, the next one may not be.......even if turned close to how the accurate on is turned.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got one large doe last year with a Horton summit 150# crossbow with carbon bolts topped with Rage double bladed mechanical broadheads at about 30 yards. Got both lungs, and the bolt protruded through the other side of the deer but it didn't fall out until she ran about 100 yards. The blood trail wasn't great, but it was enough that I recovered the deer a short time later. I would have no problem using them again if I had to, but this year I'm going with a fixed blade broadhead.

Rage mechanical broadheads are fine, but not worth the price tag in my opinion.