Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Xbows

Old 03-13-2008, 05:48 AM

Default Barnett Xbows

Hi everyone ,

I am new to crossbows. My friend has been test shooting several models he's bought and returned from Cabellas includinga Desert Stryker, a Horton recurve, a Phantom and an Excalibur. I've personally shot a few Barnetts (Quad 400 and a Revolution).

I'm getting ready to make a purchase this month as a birthday present to myself. I liked the Barnett's but they seemed a tad loud and I wasn't real thrilled with the triggers. It seemed as if I had to pull back on it a great deal before the weapon would fire. Their speed and accuracy were decent and they felt really good when I shouldered them.

I've heard alot of negative things about them from some dealers while others have sang their praises. I have a case of "Crossbow Confusion" now. Ireally liked the Desert Stryker; it was amazingly fast with practically zero vibration, but it was pricey.

Is Barnett a fairly reliable product and is it possible to get an aftermarket trigger for them? I ilked the xbow but the trigger just turned me off? Am I alone in this perception?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:21 AM
Banned

Default RE: Barnett Xbows

If it was me I would look at a Ten Point or Excalibur. Both are terrific bows.

Check your Private Messages; Just sent you one!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

I also started out with a Barnett Revolution. It was retired after one year of use. Sold it to a friend and shorty there after a limb cracked. Barnett is willing to fix or repair. You get what you pay for.

I definatly upgraded to a Excal. I like it 100% more then the Barnett.

My recomendation is tospend a little more and get a better quality xbow.

Check out the Phoneix package deal offered at bowhunters superstore

Old 03-13-2008, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

For me, which I have been involved with XBows for 12 years now, the ONLY companies that I would deal with would be Excalibur or TenPoint, they have a great product, XBows (recurves)in which you could change out the string (simple)in the field, and both companies have awesome customer service.
I have the Excal ExoMax 225# that I hunt hogs with and itfits meperfect. I have never have a problem and I have 2 Excal's.
Another thing to keep in mind is to make sure any XBow you buy fits you of course no matter which company you go with.

I would reccomend either.
Old 03-14-2008, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Well i must say i love my barnett shot lots and will continue to shoot more with it would like the new predator as a back up. But to his, his own.