Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

So what kinda longbows do you guys like?

Old 03-04-2008, 12:37 PM
bigcountry

Default So what kinda longbows do you guys like?

It was getting rather crowded in the trad forum with all the X-bowers in there, so I figured I would post here.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So what kinda longbows do you guys like?

Ilike em all!! I like the mechanics of the compounds along w/ the engineering that never seems to reach it's limits [if there are any] and especially am fascinated by the stick bows. Had a guy here w/ a two piece osage orange he made himself along w/ his own arrows and the neatest long arrow quiver I ever saw; on a bear hunt. Somehow or other, his quiver rode vertically on his back and the arrows came out a small slot on the bottom. I saw a "Black Widow" at a trad 3-D shoot I got invited to [w/ xbow] here in Ar and like to cried cause I couldn't have one, lol. What's your favorite? And, welcome to our forum!!
Old 03-04-2008, 12:52 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Ilike em all!! I like the mechanics of the compounds along w/ the engineering that never seems to reach it's limits [if there are any] and especially am fascinated by the stick bows. Had a guy here w/ a two piece osage orange he made himself along w/ his own arrows and the neatest long arrow quiver I ever saw; on a bear hunt. Somehow or other, his quiver rode vertically on his back and the arrows came out a small slot on the bottom. I saw a "Black Widow" at a trad 3-D shoot I got invited to [w/ xbow] here in Ar and like to cried cause I couldn't have one, lol. What's your favorite? And, welcome to our forum!!
So you are more of a reflex/deflex longbow person? What kinda string do you like on your longbows.

My fav. is longbow of course. Smoother draw. Just got a awesome osage longbow with snakeskins and elk sinew backing with elk hoof tips. But I also have a few recurves.

Old 03-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

CheckMate Thunderbird (62") with a dacron string.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

Besides the ones I make myself...Millenium Apache...
And welcome

Wyvern
Old 03-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

OH...and I am not as much of a raving lunatic as I appear to be on the other thread

Wyvern
Old 03-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

High BC...Welcome to this Board.......

I like my Martin Stick Longbow.......
Old 03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

High BC...Welcome to this Board.......

I like my Martin Stick Longbow.......
Thanks, we just need to draw in the other trad archers to this page. That way, all the X-bowers can use the trad page to debate.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ya its gottin off coarse but everyone here is pretty much laid back,most of the folks here use all types of bows...
Old 03-04-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

ORIGINAL: awshucks

So you are more of a reflex/deflex longbow person? What kinda string do you like on your longbows.

My fav. is longbow of course. Smoother draw. Just got a awesome osage longbow with snakeskins and elk sinew backing with elk hoof tips. But I also have a few recurves.
I only shoot xbows now. I used to shoot a long bow as a kid and a recurve hunting before compounds came out, don't even remember the name of it. I'm still paying for the two shots I took this w/e, lol, but damm, it was nice!

Quick Reply: So what kinda longbows do you guys like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.