Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

So what kinda longbows do you guys like?

Old 03-04-2008, 09:07 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default RE: So what kinda longbows do you guys like?

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

It was getting rather crowded in the trad forum with all the X-bowers in there, so I figured I would post here.

I dont post anywhere on this site but here in the crossbow section but I do browse around and I think Iskimmed overthe thread yourrefering to(if its the right one) and I dont blame you, I got sick of those kinds of threads a LOOONG time ago, in fact I only really post on a handfull of message boards anymore because I just dont like dealing with it,and I pick and choose pretty heavily which ones I want to participate in based on the general atmosphere...
and that thread wasnt even that bad, you should try hanging out in any of the sportbikemessage boardssometime, if I had a dime for evey smartass young punk kid I ran into in that world I could buy the internet...
it gets old and burns you out quick...

but regaudless, I used to shootrecurvealot(all kinds of game hunting, bowfishing, and just general target shooting)and I was very good at it, I had an old 50lb two piece takedown that split at the grip, it had alumin inserts inbedded into each section with jaws that interlocked and were held together with a threaded pin,the top insert let looseon me at full draw one day at the range right before I was going to shoot the DART system andthe top limb hit me right in the mouth, gave me a fat lip and almost knocked my teeth out...
I was also shooting compound very heavy at that time and shortly after my recurve blew up I started to burn out ofbow shooting and never did get another recurve, I've always wanted to pick up another one and I look at them, but I just havent yet
Old 03-04-2008, 09:11 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

Well, I have this here long bow I took from the indian that tried to kill me with it back in the 1800's. He wanted my flint lock rifle and my dog. Well, it didn't happen, and I sent him on his way with a bullet in his git along, most ricky tick! I ain't shot it in years cause the cat gut string is showing signs of cracking now and besides, the arrow head arrows weight probably 1ooo gms or more. Pretty though, with those eagle feathers for the fletchings. Just thought I'd share.
BBO

LOL

did ya take his hair?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

KLS, Mark is a really decent guy. I can see how he'd want to puke at that long running thread posted by self-proclaimed experts and heros!