Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

So what kinda longbows do you guys like?

Old 03-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So what kinda longbows do you guys like?

The two bows I like to draw back the most is my ChekMate TD Hunter and Hoyt Gamemaster.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:25 PM
bigcountry

Still enjoying the chekmate? I just got a new zipper, and man is it fast. I am shooting over 190fps with 650gr arrows.

Old 03-04-2008, 04:00 PM
Banned

I haven't shot a long bow in a long time I sure do miss it My favorite two longbows were an English hand made Yew wood that was close to 68" long. It was a real joy to shoot. Second one was a hand made Osage orange longbow that was a gift to me from a well know archer and hunter.

I now shoot only CB's because of severe damage to my hand.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: DaGriz

I haven't shot a long bow in a long time I sure do miss it My favorite two longbows were an English hand made Yew wood that was close to 68" long. It was a real joy to shoot. Second one was a hand made Osage orange longbow that was a gift to me from a well know archer and hunter.

I now shoot only CB's because of severe damage to my hand.
I hate to hear that about your hand. Yep, next longbow will be a Yew bow.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Done some reading on those Zippers Mark, nice bows! Some day I too will shoot an Icon, might wait till I deserve it though.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

Well, I have this here long bow I took from the indian that tried to kill me with it back in the 1800's. He wanted my flint lock rifle and my dog. Well, it didn't happen, and I sent him on his way with a bullet in his git along, most ricky tick! I ain't shot it in years cause the cat gut string is showing signs of cracking now and besides, the arrow head arrows weight probably 1ooo gms or more. Pretty though, with those eagle feathers for the fletchings. Just thought I'd share.
BBO
Old 03-04-2008, 05:59 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

MEDS!
Old 03-04-2008, 08:20 PM

I have a Martin Dreamcast that I like to shoot from time to time. I bought it a long time ago to prove I could shoot Vertical. I did not do it. I have never hunted with it since I lack the confidence in it. When I shoot at twenty yards I put nine arrows in a four inch circle most of the time, but then I get one flier sometimes, like off by ten inches! So I never took it out figured being in a tree with camo on would only make it worse. I have had a itch to by a fifty pound PSE Coyote and start to play with it. Figured with a different rest like a modern one I could do better, but it is just a back burner idea.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Jason, I have been addicted to shooting a recurve for sometime now. Think shooting birds with a shotgun. It really is the samething. It is instinctive and natural. Just like a shotgun you just look at your target. There are different ways like point-gap shooting, string walking etc but that is how I do it. BTW sounds like you are doing well. If it's just a flyer once in a while then you need repetition. You never have to hunt with it, just have fun!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Jason, I have been addicted to shooting a recurve for sometime now. Think shooting birds with a shotgun. It really is the samething. It is instinctive and natural. Just like a shotgun you just look at your target. There are different ways like point-gap shooting, string walking etc but that is how I do it. BTW sounds like you are doing well. If it's just a flyer once in a while then you need repetition. You never have to hunt with it, just have fun!
Park your ATV behind the shed! those things can be dangerous!

Quick Reply: So what kinda longbows do you guys like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.