Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Holy *@#$%

Old 02-23-2008, 01:13 AM
KLV

Default Holy *@#$%

Got a call last weekend from my cousin to come see his new top-of-the-line Parker crossbow. I threw my crossbow in he truck and left to see a Parker Cyclone. A Cyclone which turned out to be a Safari Magnum[:@](still a very nice crossbow)

We later went to shoot at a local range and there was a guy I went to high school with and hadn't seen for 20yrs. He was a jerk then, but I figured we had all matured. I was WRONG. After 20 minutes of telling everyone else what was wrong with their crossbow and why his Desert Stryker was better, he finally stepped up to the line.

After he cocked his bow he made a full turn and pointed the thing at some people in back drinking coffee. While everybody was gettig on him I said "you might want to take your finger off the trigger, too". To which he told me to "shut the @#$% up he already had a mother".

Now, I was watching him like a hawk and he canted the bow to the left reached over the top with his left hand(I think to take the safety off) and when he did he pulled the trigger and sent the arrow across 3 lanes, through a sheet rock dividing wall, and bounced off the cinder block back wall. Then, even though at least 3 of us had seen him pull the trigger and some of the other people shot 12-15 arrows through the DS without incident, he had the gall to balme it on his safety. Which may have held water if he hadn't done almost the same thing the next time he went to the line(at least that one went down his lane and stuck in the sheet rock).

Some people don't seem to understand that it's not a toy just because it doesn't go "bang". We were very fortunate nobody was hurt.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Holy *@#$%

It was kind of you to give him the benefit of the doubt. Looking back at the individuals I knew who were dipsticks as a youth, most have not changed one bit.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

One a stick allways a stick now matter how you try to shap it.....
Old 02-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Typical Buck

thank god he didn't shoot someone!
Old 02-23-2008, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's a bozo on every bus.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Excuse me RANGEMASTER! There should have been someone in charge and for everyone sake ask him to case it and leave.The waving around cocked was just a warmup to what was coming and to error on tha safe side and removalfrom rangewouldn't have been too extreme! Glad no injuries!
Old 02-23-2008, 11:53 PM
KLV

There really wasn't a range master. Maybe the guy with the keys to the building. After the second careless shot, so many people were so busy chewing him out that he went to the back table and pouted as if it was going to make us feel bad. He must have been feeling a little contrite, because as we were leaving he said he heard me say I shot the Tekan II broadheads and gave me 2 unopened packages that he said he didn't want. $37.99 price tag on each. Who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth and pass on $76.00 of equipment I will use.

Those folks over there are a lot more forgiving (plus I think they are a little afraid of his super-wealthy-rancher-daddy who's been bailing his idiot son out his whole life) than the people I normally shoot with who are "luke warm" towards crossbows, in the first place. Here, he would have banned from the range despite his daddy who people have come to realize is more bark than bite.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

No injuries and you got some gifts...worked out pretty well! Next time say something about truck being on empty as well...everybody can use free fuel.Rich folks make me look poorer.[:@]
Old 02-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

WOW KLV. I'm glad no one got hurt or shot that day because of his act of dumbness. I think I had rather have someone point a loaded38 pistol at me than have a loaded crossbow pointed in my direction. I know he was using field points butcan you imagine a loaded crossbow with a sharp broadhead aimed at you with the intent of shooting you? The pain and damage would be much more horrible than a shot from a 38. Man, I don't want to even think about it. Forgive me for even saying it.
BBO
Old 02-24-2008, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

KLV did you get to shoot your friends Safari Magnum was it the 150 or 175lb and what were your impressions of it? Some people never change sounds like he's not the sharpest spoon in the drawer waving that crossbow around. Just seen your comments on another post about it.

Quick Reply: Holy *@#$%

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.