Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

crossbow choice (i need help)

Old 02-21-2008, 01:07 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

Default crossbow choice (i need help)

Im having trouble choosing a crossbow.Ive been looking at the Excalibur Phoenix and the Parker Terminator 150 lb. draw.I will be hunting from a treestand all year.Im mainly looking for a crossbow that can shoot accurately out to 50 yrds and have plenty of killing power out to that distance. Any suggestions?
Old 02-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: crossbow choice (i need help)

Both will do nicely. If you are going to be whacking at targets all the time and take thousands of shots a year then get the Excalibur. If you don't want to ever go back to a bow shop then buy an Excalibur. The recurves are more quiet and lighter as well.
I hope you aren't shooting at whitetail with a crossbow out to 50 yards.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:27 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

I mean 50 yrds for target.Im looking for one that will be easy to use in a treestand and one that accurate.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:53 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Read this.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/php...ic.php?t=21138
Old 02-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot both the Terminaor and the Vortex. Both great bows. Terminator is narrower, handier in stands and blinds; Vortex easy to maintain, may have slight edge on accuracy. Albeit I hunt with the Terminator, mostly shoot for fun with the Excal, so comparison may be somewhat biased since I'm more relaxed shooting at targets. Both great companies to deal with. Lifetime warranties with both. Both will kill deer with authority. BUT if you want a serious stand bow have a look at the Parker Cyclone that's due out in March. Pictures look great, only 18" wide when cocked and just 6.5 lbs, that is very light for a X bow. And allegedly generates 350 fps.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Fork Horn

can't go wrong with either one. My pick is the phoenix. Thats probably because I have one. It's a great bow you won't be dissapointed.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:05 PM
ogg
Fork Horn

bowfisherman what kind of groupings do you get with the phoenix?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shooting from a rest at 25 yards with the Phoenix you had better not shoot two arrows at the same aiming point unless you want to destroy the first arrow.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

To say you like one bow is not to bad mouth the rest. That being said,I can hit a poker chip at 40 yds almost every shot w/ my Phoenix. I know nothing about and have never shot a Parker. Probably won't.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:24 AM
Banned

You may want to find a dealer where you can shoot several different CB's to see which one feels the best to you. Curve bows are usually maintainence free. Compounds require abit of maintainence, Curves are wider and sometime harder to use in certain places where compounds are narrower Both have their advantages and both are accurate. Only you can decide which bow feels right for you.You really need shoot them

Quick Reply: crossbow choice (i need help)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.