Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

crossbow choice (i need help)

Old 02-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Spike

Default RE: crossbow choice (i need help)

Get an Equinox and a Lumizone sight and it can't be beat but I do use the crank to cock it I just love the smell of cooking string wax in the morning air. seriously it is a wonderful bow maybe a little over powered but what the heck.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same way with the ExoMax, it's over powered, but it drives everything hard, so I really don't care, espicially with hogs.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Banned

It would really be toYOUR advantage to TRY several CB's BEFORE you buy one. Heavy draw weight bowscan be NOTFUN to draw and shoot. A 175lb CB is fairly easy to cock with a rope assist cocker.They shoot fast enough to get complete pass through on deer or black bears; atNORMAL ranges.If you're a good hunter you don't need to shoot at critters 50-60yds away!

The worse thing you could do is buy a bow that is uncomfortable for you to shoot and also cock. Everyone has their personal preference in draw weight, manufacturer, conventional or compound. Once you shoot several different CB'sYOU willknow which feels right for you.