Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

NAP nitron vs. slick tricks?

Old 02-13-2008, 09:30 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default NAP nitron vs. slick tricks?

I waspoking around Marten's site again and, once again,seen that he has a pretty high praise for the NAP nitron broadheads, in fact he states that they were "the best tested so far", although I seen no testing of and nothing but a slight mention of the slick tricks

anyone use those nitrons?

I can't remember that I've ever really heard anyone even mention them on any of threads I've read, and was wondering how they actually compare to the slick tricks

those nitrons look tiny, smaller than the slick tricks even, but I've neverseen the two side by side to be sure(or even handled a nitron that I can remember...)...just for giggles could someone with 125gr slick tricks give me the length of the broadhead from the tip to the insert with the head screwed into the arrow?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: NAP nitron vs. slick tricks?

Sorry I don't do 125s but my 100 Slicks are exactly 1" long from tip to arrow. Since the weight increase is all in the shank, I'm (guessing) the 125 are not much longer than 1.25". One thing is different between the two. The Sllck has 4 blades whereas the Nitron has 3. IMO the extra cutting surface is good for terminal performance, i.e. more hemorrhage from bigger entry/exit holes. Then too I've found small, 4 bladed heads to give me most consistent accuracy from one arrow to the next.
Got to admit they look good. But given the 100% hit/kill ratio I've got going with Slicks, not likely I'll change.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

At that price they should have radar or heat seeker heads. Lee
Old 02-13-2008, 08:09 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: lemoyne

At that price they should have radar or heat seeker heads. Lee

price of which ones?

from what I've seen the nitrons are the same price as the slick tricks, if not a little cheaper, and again, from what I've seen, both are cheaper than the NAP spitfires, and all are in line with everything else on the market...

unfortunately, broadheads arent cheap, at least the decent ones arent anyway...
Old 02-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

a LOT of guys/gals use the nap at the shooting club in their compound recurve bows.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:08 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: sproulman

a LOT of guys/gals use the nap at the shooting club in their compound recurve bows.

the NAP nitrons?

have you heard any good/bad being said about them?
Old 02-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Spike

125 gr slicks are 1 1/16 from base to tip, got to add the washer also.

Stan
Old 02-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Fork Horn

KLS,

There have been someof reports of blade failure since Slick Trick changed the blades to the Lutz Soligen blades. I have not experienced this personally but it concerns me enough to be looking at another broadhead for next season. See the links below:

Bob

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=621313&highlight=slick+trick

http://btreviews.proboards57.com/index.cgi?board=fixed&action=display&threa d=1202830396

Old 02-15-2008, 12:37 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Horizontal Hunter

KLS,

There have been someof reports of blade failure since Slick Trick changed the blades to the Lutz Soligen blades. I have not experienced this personally but it concerns me enough to be looking at another broadhead for next season. See the links below:

Bob

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=621313&highlight=slick+trick

http://btreviews.proboards57.com/index.cgi?board=fixed&action=display&threa d=1202830396

thats very interesting...

I didnt read through the whole AT post, I lost interest when it started turning into a "he said/she said" bicker but I read enough to get the point ofthe topic, on the thread in the other site too

as good as a performer as the slick tricks are supposed to be thats a fairly big defect IMO...

thats too bad, I was really looking forward to trying some out, but I think I'm going to hold off buying any for a while, maybe by the time I'm ready to test them this spring/summer they'll have that problem fixed, I plan on picking up several types of broadheadsto test out anyway so I'll pick some slick tricks up regaurdless, but if that soft blade problem doesnt get fixed I really dont see myself using them unless they're flight performance is far beyond anything elseI try
Old 02-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

KLS,

The reviews on the Archers Edge seem to be fair and unbiased. The ST's fly great for me. Shooting from a rest I can put arrows in the same hole at 40 yards, if I pay attention to how the blades are orientated.A lot of people swear by them but clearly if you put on thru a scapula there is little cutting edge left to do the job. I don't aim for the scapula but stuff happens and if I am off of my mark I do not want to lose an animal, or cause unnecessary suffering. I am planning on using the Spitfires this fall.

Bob

Quick Reply: NAP nitron vs. slick tricks?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.