Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Rail Lube Advice

Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 PM
KLV

Default RE: Rail Lube Advice

Cossack,

Isn't graphite a petroleum product? I have no personal knowledge of this, but I've mentioned this to other people and they get all up in arms about using petrolem products on bow strings. I absolutely do not know if they know what they are talking about, since one of them, in particular, is the kind who likes to hear himself talk.

It would be great if I could use it because I have a bunch that I use on the slide rails of the 10mm I carry when in the bear woods.
Old 02-09-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

When I asked Danny Miller about the short serving life on my Emax he told me not to wax the string or lube the rail at all. The wax softens the serving matl on the Emax and allowes the claws to separarte them more so than cut them. Not liking the birning rubber smell no wax gives off, i now just wax very very lightly and very seldom on any of my Excals, life is good, lol.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:08 PM

Per Dan Miller and Dan L I have never used any wax on my Excal. I think on Dans string and on Dons they came with a little wax on them and I have never added to it. The miller string and both of Dons string have been holding up great with no wax at all.
Old 02-09-2008, 03:30 PM
KLV

Sure wish I had found this forum and know this (as well as knowing Wyoming was going to start allowing the use of cocking devices w/o a permit) before I sold The Exo. I really liked that crossbow but it was nickle and diming me to death. Of course, now that i know better, there's probably room in the closet for another one or maybe a Phoenix to use as an every day shooter and keep the Darton for hunting. hehehe.