Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

NUB to the forum and crossbows.

Old 01-28-2008, 06:10 PM
Spike

Default NUB to the forum and crossbows.

Hello all!

My name is Todd and I am a huntingholic from Wyoming. To further my sickness I am looking into joining the world of Crossbows. Never really was a big fan of bowhunting till my bro got into it. he shoots Vertical bow but My wife cant draw a bow and neither can my Dad after an accident he was in. So I am thinking of a crossbow with a cocking mechanism my work well for them 2 as well as easier for me. That way if they happen to draw the right tag and I dont they can use it as well.

So the main things I am looking at in a CB is light weight as most I have seen look like tanks and it seams no-one lists weights. The next is the mechanism as I explained above. Accuracy is of course extremely important, and, as i have read on here is not a fan favorite, I am a speed freak.

We will be hunting all NABG. So it has to have some power. Elk and Muleys being the prey of choice .

Not bragging so please dont take it as such, but, money is not a concern, i want the best of the best, so what ya recommend?
Old 01-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Spike

Default RE: NUB to the forum and crossbows.

Thought I should add, been looking at the Stryker but want to see some others out there. If ya have any links, pleasethrow them my way.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

IMO...Money no object, best of the best, I would have to say the TenPoint Phantom. However, there are many fine bows out there. IMO, the fullsize Stryker, though a very cool piece of engineering and extreamly fast, is not a practical hunting bow. The Desert Stryker is a better bow in the woods.From there....LOTS of choices. It all depends on what you want to do, and how it feels in your hands.Youdont have to spend a ton of money to get a great bow. Excal makes a fine pieceof equipment and are very reasonably priced. PM me if you are interested, I have some deals on some Tenpoints, and also have a couple of custom camo Desert Strykers on the way...

Wyvern
Old 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

And if you want something reasonable price-wise and something that less complex and that the same time fast, accuate, light weight and extremely reliable get an Exocet 200
Old 01-28-2008, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

Or if you like a thumb hole stock, the Vortex is basicly the same bow...
Wyvern
Old 01-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I forgot to add because I was in a hurry. Wyvern was right on the money in his first sentence "Money no object, best of the best, I would have to say the TenPoint Phantom."
And welcome to the forum!
Editne of my dogs has decided to open a can of whoopass on me!
Wyvern, what is the difference between the Phantom and the Exomax in speed, price, and weight?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Light weight, accurate, fast...........
I'd have to say Excalibur.
Not the fastest out there today, but very accurate and fairly light weight.
Old 01-28-2008, 08:23 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Dnk

And if you want something reasonable price-wise and something that less complex and that the same time fast, accuate, light weight and extremely reliable get an Exocet 200
Where can i find info on the Exocet 200? Who makes it?
Old 01-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

http://excaliburcrossbow.com/demo/m/content/article.php?content_id=1
Old 01-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Spike

Guess I should have googled it before I wrote that. already looked at the tenPoints, Excals, and Strykers. Love the size of the Desert Stryker but it doesn,t have the cocking mech. From what i could tell niether does the Excals. Do like the look of the Ten Point bows as well and they have a cocker as well.

Quick Reply: NUB to the forum and crossbows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.