Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

gold tip gt II weight??

Old 01-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Spike

Default gold tip gt II weight??

how much would a gold tip gt II weigh with the brass insert and 2" blazers out back no wrap???? oh flat nock too,speed.........
Old 01-28-2008, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: gold tip gt II weight??

About 420 gr w/ 100 gr point
Old 01-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

That depends on which GT Lazer II you've got. Just weighed two different GT on my powder scale. The original GT's that came with the Vortex in spring of '07 weighs around 427 grns ( it's got a half wrap on it). Flat alum nock, 100 gr field tip and 110 gr brass insert. The ones I purchased as raw bolts late last summer and finished the same, except lacquer finished backs, weight around 400 grs. Hmmm, I though. So I took off the heads and just to be sure they weren't different weights and did it again again. Sure enough the earlier bolts weigh about 27 grns more. But since the lighter ones are my hunting arrows, that's the one I chroned. They are leaving my Vortex around 320fps and my Terminator around 315.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cossack

That depends on which GT Lazer II you've got. Just weighed two different GT on my powder scale. The original GT's that came with the Vortex in spring of '07 weighs around 427 grns ( it's got a half wrap on it). Flat alum nock, 100 gr field tip and 110 gr brass insert. The ones I purchased as raw bolts late last summer and finished the same, except lacquer finished backs, weight around 400 grs. Hmmm, I though. So I took off the heads and just to be sure they weren't different weights and did it again again. Sure enough the earlier bolts weigh about 27 grns more. But since the lighter ones are my hunting arrows, that's the one I chroned. They are leaving my Vortex around 320fps and my Terminator around 315.
Thanks for solving a mystery that's been bugging me for awhile, i got about 20+ gr variation in ine and thought maybe I got some off weight brass inserts but you sat it's in the shafts themselves?Hmmmm!
Old 01-28-2008, 10:16 PM

This is of help, but I still may have to sacrifice some bolts of my own when I have time.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:59 AM
Spike

Gt changed their bolts about a year ago, The old ones were .343 diameter, new ones are .336 diameter and lighter. I had same problem when I got my exocet, Came with 6 bolts, I ordered 6 and they shot much different. So out came the scale and micrometer, Figured I got wrong ones and contacted Gt.
Hope this helps, Stan
Old 01-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Stan00

[align=left]Gt changed their bolts about a year ago, The old ones were .343 diameter, new ones are .336 diameter and lighter. I had same problem when I got my exocet, Came with 6 bolts, I ordered 6 and they shot much different. So out came the scale and micrometer, Figured I got wrong ones and contacted Gt.[/align][align=left][/align][align=left]Hope this helps, Stan[/align]
thanks Stan, one question, they both have the same I.D. right?
Old 01-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Spike

i was gonna order the shafts from keystone country store are those the new ones i would guess huh??[&:]
Old 01-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just weighed one of my GT II's and got 407.8gr with 100gr FP and brass incert with 4"vain's,weighed another and got 409.0.
This was on my powder scale.....
Old 01-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Spike

Yes, Id is the same I can use all my spare nocks and inserts in either shaft. If you want fast, new ones weigh 7.3 gr per inch, nock is 20 gr, alum. insert is 30. If I add them up, I get 196 gr for a 20 inch. My excal needs 350 min with tip. So I must add some weight somewhere.

Hope this helps, Almost all Cb's have a min. weight for the bolts, So please check.

Lotsa Luck, Stan

Quick Reply: gold tip gt II weight??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.