Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bought an Excal Vortex !

Old 12-16-2007, 12:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bought an Excal Vortex !

I sold my Horton Team Reatree HD 175 package for $450 + shipping. Then I found a 2007 Vortex with less than 20 shots, Varizone scope, Mounts & Rings, Realtree AP Camo. Thumbhole stock, Extra strink, Quiver and hardware, 4 Carbon Bolts, 4 fieldoints, 4 BOSS Broadheads, the cocking aide, and a soft crossbow case. Mint condition... $560 shipping included! I figure that is ne heck of a deal right?
The only thing I need right ow is a stringer (2) and may get different bolts / broadheads later on. Do you think I got a good deal???

chris

Old 12-16-2007, 04:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bought an Excal Vortex !

Yes you got a good deal, no doubt about that. Congrats on investing in a great CB company. Reckon you have shot Excals so you knowed they be some different than the compound models.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Great deal!
You can make your own stringer with just a small piece of rope, just a loop on each end and off you go! Keeping a consistent brace height is important.
Enjoy you new bow, you made a great decision.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:14 AM

One thing I stressed to you when you made your first post about this is the condition of the CB. IF it is as good as your friend says, then IMO you have a great CB and a good deal on your hands. We often recommend to people that BHSS ( Bowhunterssuperstore.com) is the cheapest prices on the net, at least none has challenged us on that. So if you add up the stuff you have a great deal IMO.

460for Vortex
250 for Right stuff pack
45 for Soft Case

Total of 755 with out shipping or tax if you live in PA.

Buy it separate for the things you have that IMO would be must to have, some could debate the quiver, but either way you need some place for arrows even if you like to hang on th tree. The extra string is a must to IMO, you will need it to experience the liberation from a shop press and put a different string on, you will enjoy the feeling.

460 for Vortex
26 for quiver
90 for scope
20 for Scope mount
12 for rings
20 fro cocking aid
18 for Extra string
45 for soft case
25 for half dozen arrows, most don't sell in batches of four

For a total of 716 with out shipping or tax

I did not include B-Heads since chances are he may have shot them and a good chance you will need new ones. So you at least saved 156 bucks on your CB. So IMO if it is great shape, then you did good. If you want to tinker a little get you a Flemish BOO string, made by our own DNK, know as the best Excal strings on the net. Get your arrows from Danny Miller, his price sheet and number are in the top sticky post on page two. He sells them with the brass inserts in them for a better FOC and they fly the best for me out of my Vortex. I can keep groups less then 2" at fifty yards with that set up. Good luck and keep us up to date on how it goes.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Chris, you got a deal!
Old 12-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks! I realize that I may want to get different bolts and BH's a maybe a different string eventually. And I'm not even sure I want a quiver that's on the CB. But all in all I couldn't pass it up. I was basically getting what I wanted (an Excal) and helpin the guy out at the same time. It was on Ebay. So when I talked to the guy he said he needed money for his kids Christmas and it is coming up quick. So I asked about a buy it now. He said make me an offer. So I said $550 + $15 shipping for everyhting.(i HONOSTLY DIDN'T EXPECT HIM TO ACCEPT IT)And he sais cool. I about crapped!! lol At any rate I'm definetaly happy. I didn't think I would have one this soon. I may want to change a few small things like ayone would, but hey...it's ready to go! He even gave me insurance on the shipping.

chris

chris
Old 12-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Typical Buck

chris congrats on your bow.

I have always suggested the packages form Excalibur for new excalibur owners becuase they include good quality stuff in it and most of the stuff is needed (or mostly wanted ) by the hunter.

Yes, you will probually , after a while decide to you would like this or that to advance what your wanting, but this stuff they send in the packages are expected to give the accuracy they and us brag about. BUt fine tuning yoru equipment is half the fun in shooting. Good luck and have fun.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:26 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations on "stealing" an awesom bow!
I hate having a qiver on my bow. I usually use a side/hip quiver but before that I use to tie the quiver onto a belt. Pydpiper runs his fanny pack belt through it which works out great.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Congratulations on "stealing" an awesom bow!
I hate having a qiver on my bow. I usually use a side/hip quiver but before that I use to tie the quiver onto a belt. Pydpiper runs his fanny pack belt through it which works out great.
I didn't like it on my Horton either. At least while shooting or hunting. As soon as I got to spot the quiver and sling came off!!! I will probably get a hip quiver and maybe just sell the other one. Or keep it just in case. But I have to agree. I don't like them attached to the bow either. I did see the mounts that guy is making where the excal quiver fits on top of the cb upside down. It allows for a clear view also. I guess it's okay. But he wants like $40 bucks for the mount because it's machined aluminum. I have a machinist buddy, maybe we can tool (pun intended lol) around with some ideas....lol

chris
Old 12-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Try wearing on a belt or fanny pack belt first. When I first looked for a resolution I could no longer tolerate even carrying the bow with the qiver on. I tied a cord to the shaft of the quiver and tie the cord to my belt. What Pydpiper does make a lot of sence and works really well (he's smarter than me!).

Quick Reply: Bought an Excal Vortex !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.