Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Stryker

Old 12-16-2007, 04:55 PM

Default RE: Stryker

We usually hit the same note, so I was not as worried about you as much Dan. But thought mainly Tom may have misunderstood what I was trying to say about Excal and comparing its marketability to Bow-techs. The trigger issue is new to me with them. I knew of the limbs not holding up, but what is the story behind the triggers?
Old 12-16-2007, 05:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

ALL the Desert Strykers have to go back to the factory for new trigger installation. Not sure why, but glad I shoot Excals, lol.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: awshucks

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

I am trying to wean myself from so much computer time. Stryker's are having big problems with triggers that are failing. Plus limbs are splitting!I don't really understand this got to have speed! Reminds my of my youth and drag racing as a poor boy. Speed within reason is good i reckon, i have an older Vixen. She sizzles with her arrows about 230 fps!Don't tell the 2 Bucks fell to her swiftness!I will shoot a deer if its a clear n clean shot out to 35 yds. quick!
good post, Mike. Imho, there is alot more game taken w/ xbows shooting under 300 fps than there are over that.
That's because all the fast ones are back at the factory getting fixed! LOL

Just got word that they are starting to send out completed DS xbows. Remember I was told 2 weeks around Nov 2 when mine went back. It's now a month and 2 weeks later. Had my dealer not sent me a replacement I would be in jail by now. Maybe this is the last of BT problems with the DS model. Who knows? And who will believe them anyway?
Old 12-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Need to put in my .02 in...If I were to spend that much money I would buy the Phantom from 10point being how 10point is a CB maker and what Ive read is a awsome compound without the problems....except for the price......Check it out.....very nice........
Old 12-17-2007, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

DS is $900. Phantom is $1600 or so. 50% more. I will say this when the DS is working there is nothing that compares to it out there. I got spoiled in a hurry shooting it. The size, lack of noise the accuracy it's all there. I shot a deer the other day and the rest just stood there and looked around. Almost hand cocked it and got a second one. As much as they pissed me off I still love using the thing.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like I said BB its the price,but your paying for a top of the line CB tried and proven....And I have nothing against the DS ether.....I just cant see spending the 1600 or 1899 for the Phantom ether[]..Iam waiting for 10point to come out with a Recurve.....But I think thats like waitting for Excal to come out with a compound.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..Iam waiting for 10point to come out with a Recurve.....But I think thats like waitting for Excal to come out with a compound.
Short wait there Ranger. Excalibur produced a compound style a few years back. They went away from it to the recurve only models for the simplystic nature of them.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I learn something new everyday...Thanks GT.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

I learn something new everyday...Thanks GT.
It was called the Paradox [Canada] or Maxpoint [USA] you've been reading about, 340 fps in 2001-2004 for under $600. I had one, sweet bow. They pop up on flea-bay every once in awhile.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:57 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Does anyone know if anyone has a Paradox (new in the box or close to it) for sale?

Quick Reply: Stryker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.