Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
$450 - $475
7.14%
$475 - $500
7.14%
$500 - $525
0%
$525 - $550
7.14%
$550 - $575
14.29%
$575 - $600
21.43%
$600 - $625
0%
$625 - $650
14.29%
$650 - $700
28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

What would you pay for this 2007 Excal Vortex Package?? - Photos Below

Old 12-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What would you pay for this 2007 Excal Vortex Package?? - Photos Below

I have a chance to buy a 2007 Excal Votex Package.
It is like brand new, in mint condition. A friend said $525 -$550. I figure brand new I am looking at $700 -$750 for the same thing. I need some more opinions please!
The bow has 20 or less shots. Here is what it comes with:

1. 2007 Excalibur Vortex w/ RealTree AP Camo.
2. New Varizone Scope, Mount, and Rings.
3. Excal 4 arrow RealTree AP Quiver.
4. 4- Easton Firebolt Carbon Arrows. (unfired)
5. 4- 100gr. Wasp BOSS Broadheads.
6. Excel String.
7. Excal Rope Cocking Aid.
8. Soft Camo Crossbow Case.

All together I come up with over $700 easy.
What would you pay for this setup if it where you looking to buy. There's still 25 days of archery season here.
Thanks for your valued opinions.
Here are some pictures:

Old 12-14-2007, 10:07 PM

Default RE: What would you pay for this 2007 Excal Vortex Package?? - Photos Below

If you are getting it from a friend and was sure that the condition of the CB was like new as he said then I would not be afraid to pay up to six hundred bucks for it. BHSS is one of the cheapest places on the net, and like you said I too came up with 700 bucks. Looks like everything in a right stuff pac only missing the stringing aid, that comes to 460 and 250 for that stuff new. So if I had to I would be able to go to six if the condition is as good as you say. But I would also start as low as you think he would goand see what he does.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would you pay for this 2007 Excal Vortex Package?? - Photos Below

That's what i was thinking to. he said everything is absolutely mint except for one little scratch on the housing (not glass) of the scope. From going through the brush with it. He said He hunted 6 hours one day and the next time out he killed a doe and didn't shoot it again. I pretty much believe him. He's short on money for Christmas. He said he hates to even have to sell it. If I can get ot $100 or more cheaper than brand newI better jump on it. I know they are not going to drop $100 + after the first of the year.Some places are still selling my horton for $200 more than I got it for. Got lucky and sniped a no reserve auction at 1 in the morning...lol Yes, the prices may drop. But there not going to drop that much. Especially on adesign just came out.... I think I'm going to go for it. But if it gets too close to the new price I wil wait. See we still have 25 days of archery season left here in Indiana, And I sold my Horton and still have 2 deer tags. 1 for archery, 1 for muzzleloader. Some people have said Excal is comng out with some new bows, but I know for sure I cann't go any higher than what one of these will cost whether it be new or used. I think I'm going to try to get it. Thanks man!

chris
Old 12-15-2007, 12:26 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

my opinion?

I think its a good deal money-wise, wether its a good deal for someone personally is another question...

you can get a new vortex for what? around $440... I have a phoenix that I paid $365 new for and to be honest I see no reason to ever have to go with anything more powerful, in fact I think it would be a step backwards, so the bow itself wouldnt be a plus for me

the scope is what? $100 new, plus $20 for the mount... personally I dont really care for those type scopes and would probably end up swapping it out anyway, so the scope wouldnt be a plus for me either

the quiver wouldnt be a plus for me either,I dont run an "on bow" quiver and dont like them so that would get tossed...

wether the arrows are exceptable or not is a personal question,I'd rebuild them to suit me anyway so theres really nothing overly special there IMO, a negative on me using those broadheads too...

I dont use a rope cocker and I already have a case...

although it seems like a very good deal money-wise I look at that package and theres actually very little that appeals to methere,or that I'd see myself being happy with for long, personally I'd pass on it...

my point is that you have to sit down andhonestly ask yourself if that setup is REALLY what you want and what youd be happy with in the long run, saving a little money now isnt worthit IMO if you end up being unhappy with what you bought shortly after... swap out a few components from thatpackage that your unhappy withand the money savings is going todrop and even out fairly quick... and wishing a month after that you would have bought a less aggressive/powerful bow and built your own setup around it is going to kill that vortex deal altogether

keep in mind that all this is my OWN personal opinion, everyone is different, if that package is what you want and it appeals to you then by all means I think $525 -$550 isa great deal...

just a little different way of looking at it...

Old 12-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would feel guilty giving him only 550 for it.pull 525 cash out in front of him and say here ya go...and never bring it up in conversation how good a deal he gave you because he knows you got a good deal.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Fork Horn

If it were a friend and he needed the cash for Christmas, maybe I'd pay him a little more. Know what I mean?
Old 12-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought it! It was some guy who had it listed on Ebay. I don't know him. I offered him $550 and he sold it to me and stopped the auction. With shipping it came to $565.00. He's shipping it first thing tomarrrow. I even offered to pay the insurance but he insisted on including it in the price. So you bet I am a happy camper. I know what you mean about not needing that much power and totally agree. The main reason I was looking at the Vortex is the stock design. As I mentioned in some of my past posts, my back and neck is severely screwed up. And when I was a teenager I crushed my right wrist in a motorcycle accident. The thumbhole design is much easier for me to shoulder and keep steady. I alsomanaged to save enough fora thumbhole Omega ML and love it. I can't wait for the bow to arrive. I still have a bonus archery tag to fill and there is 24 days left in the late archery season. I am also taking Awshucks' advise and getting some GT bolts, Slicks, and a FFF string. I'm glad I upgraded. My Horton was good, but from what everyone says the Excal will blowit away being they're so accurate. Can't wait. Lack of money is a BIG issue for me since I am waiting on disability. When I seen that auction for the Vortex and the guy accepted my offer, I had to jump on that deal. I still can't believe I got it for that price. I needed something good to happen....lol. I am also considering joining a conservation club that does 3-D shoots. They have them every 2-3 weeks outside the town I live in. But I am not sure if they have them for CB's. I got lucky because I put my Horton Pkg on Ebay and it sold for $450....

chris
Old 12-16-2007, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Buckhunter46755
I am also taking Awshucks' advise and getting some GT bolts, Slicks, and a FFF string.

chris
I glad you are getting info from Dan. Dan was willing to give me alot of time and countless PM's when I made the Canadian venture. Then when others came on board I passed his name out like candy and overloaded him! LOL!! But the three musketeers are you resource if you need them. Dan, Don and Mike or AWSHUCKS, DNK and Smokepolehall. You ask and it is good info from them. There are others here that are part of the great network of support we have here, but them three have been here with me since the birth of the CB forum and have advanced me greatly in the CB world. DNK is the string maker, once you get one of his strings on your CB you will fell like you have a one of a kind. Knowing that it was made with hands and not machine is a great felling for me. I also feel like I have something limited and a edge on others. I like the specialized feeling I have built with my Vortex.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I glad you are getting info from Dan. Dan was willing to give me alot of time and countless PM's when I made the Canadian venture. Then when others came on board I passed his name out like candy and overloaded him! LOL!! But the three musketeers are you resource if you need them. Dan, Don and Mike or AWSHUCKS, DNK and Smokepolehall. You ask and it is good info from them. There are others here that are part of the great network of support we have here, but them three have been here with me since the birth of the CB forum and have advanced me greatly in the CB world. DNK is the string maker, once you get one of his strings on your CB you will fell like you have a one of a kind. Knowing that it was made with hands and not machine is a great felling for me. I also feel like I have something limited and a edge on others. I like the specialized feeling I have built with my Vortex.
Yes, Dan andalso manyother's have really helped me out. I am new to this and it is great to have access to all this info. And to be able to address specific questions and get reliable answers. A big thanks to everyone!! I've also learned alot just reading the posts. One things for sure.... this is a great site with alot of great, knowledgeable people who are willing to share and go above and beyond by helping others work through whatever it is they are trying to accomplish. I've been on quite a few sites just surfing around and they are not the same. This site rocks! Ther's so many people that are willing to help outothers on here. And another good thing about this site is if you don't know about something and ask, people are happy to inform you. I've seen some forums where if you ask a question, people treat you like an idiot. If not for finding this forum and the people here I'd be learning everything the hard way. It sure has helped to get a little heads up going into something thatsnew to me. THANKS!

chris
Old 12-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

ORIGINAL: Buckhunter46755
I am also taking Awshucks' advise and getting some GT bolts, Slicks, and a FFF string.

chris
thanks for the kind words, but don't forget Grumpy Tom!!!

Quick Reply: What would you pay for this 2007 Excal Vortex Package?? - Photos Below

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.