Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
$450 - $475
7.14%
$475 - $500
7.14%
$500 - $525
0%
$525 - $550
7.14%
$550 - $575
14.29%
$575 - $600
21.43%
$600 - $625
0%
$625 - $650
14.29%
$650 - $700
28.57%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

What would you pay for this 2007 Excal Vortex Package?? - Photos Below

Old 12-16-2007, 09:04 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default RE: What would you pay for this 2007 Excal Vortex Package?? - Photos Below

cool, sounds like you made a good deal...

however... and not to keeping sounding like I'm trying to be negative or rain on the parade... but among all the high5'ing and ass slappin' there still exists the real possibilty that this will turn into a raw deal...
I'm always very learyabout buying stuff used like this from people I dont know or trust, especially online, if it were me I'd go over it REALLY goodright when you take it out of the box, it only takes one shot to dry fire a bow and although from what I've heard excals are capable of takinga dry firepretty good(not sure about the more powerful models), it is something to keep in mind and check out, along with anything else...

again, not trying to sound negative, and I dont really know the situation, but I'd hate to see you overlook something and/or get burned in the deal... murphy's law pretty much governs my life and finding it having a cracked limb would be the way my luckgoes, which is where my way of thinking in this post comes from...

but I hope(andam sure) that my concern is unwarranted, and I'm sure it will all turn out good for you, it sounds like you really like it, I know I wouldnt trade my excal for any other bowoffered to me...
Old 12-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What would you pay for this 2007 Excal Vortex Package?? - Photos Below

ORIGINAL: KLS

cool, sounds like you made a good deal...

however... and not to keeping sounding like I'm trying to be negative or rain on the parade... but among all the high5'ing and ass slappin' there still exists the real possibilty that this will turn into a raw deal...
I'm always very learyabout buying stuff used like this from people I dont know or trust, especially online, if it were me I'd go over it REALLY goodright when you take it out of the box, it only takes one shot to dry fire a bow and although from what I've heard excals are capable of takinga dry firepretty good(not sure about the more powerful models), it is something to keep in mind and check out, along with anything else...

again, not trying to sound negative, and I dont really know the situation, but I'd hate to see you overlook something and/or get burned in the deal... murphy's law pretty much governs my life and finding it having a cracked limb would be the way my luckgoes, which is where my way of thinking in this post comes from...

but I hope(andam sure) that my concern is unwarranted, and I'm sure it will all turn out good for you, it sounds like you really like it, I know I wouldnt trade my excal for any other bowoffered to me...
I sure as hell hope it isn't a "raw deal"...I undertand what you are saying and have pondered that after looking at otherused crossbowsthat were online. I also wonder ifa used bow had could have been dryfired...accident or not.I felt Ok about this Bow and the seller. He's sent me a picture of the doe he killed with it a few weeks ago & some other stuff, like a hunting dvd. I think it's legit that he's selling it because he was low on money for Christmas, and their archery season is over. But I have to agree with you, it's possible to get ripped off buying something used & online, especially if you're not careful. This guy seems to be an decent, regular hunter type guy, so more than likely it's probably all good. Of course I willlook it over extracarefully since it's used. If I got ripped off I wouldfile against the person in small claims and make them come all the way to IN to court! lolIt would cost them more to come to IN than to pay me. I went through PayPal and the seller is ID VERIFIED.He said he hates to have to sell it, and that it's a great crossbow and been shot maybe a dozen times or something. Not much at all,so we'll see, It's on it's way Priority Mail.hahaaaaha talk later

chris
Old 12-17-2007, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

View from the cheap seats: I'd buy dry fired Excals all day long for the right price. Worst case scenario, a split limb, $7.00 shipping charge, maybe a week at most wait, and you get two new limbs intalled on riser free.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

View from the cheap seats: I'd buy dry fired Excals all day long for the right price. Worst case scenario, a split limb, $7.00 shipping charge, maybe a week at most wait, and you get two new limbs intalled on riser free.
thanks Dan,
I already figured if there was ANY problem with the bow I could just send it in to Excal for warranty. I had to reply with something onthe post on getting burned.As you know too, not everyone is out to rip someone off. I sold my Horton (on Ebay) and it is in excellent shape, no dry fire, never dropped, etc. I've done a fair share of Ebaying and have never had a problem. As a mater of fact it's been the opposite. Maybe I've been lucky, maybe it's because not EVERYBODY out there is bad, or dishonest. Besides, when I buy anything online from an individual seller I check out all their feedback, make sure they are ID verified, etc. Not that it couldn't happen. I've also heard some of thehorror stories from people who got burned. This just doesn't seem like the kind of person that went out on a whim andspent 700 and some dollars on a CB, dry fired it, then decided, "oh I bet I can I rip someone off on Ebay and get my money back". Especially when he's sold over 300 items with a 99.7% positive feedback rating. Anyways , if he did damage the bow, more than likely he woulda sent it in his self. It was just bought in mid October. I looked though some of his other items. Hehas other hunting items too, and a bunch of the predator hunting dvds, stuff like that. I can tell he really is a hunter, and not just wheeling and dealing. That's why in my opinion, I think the bow will befine. I realize things can, and do happen. But 99% of your average hunters are not going to dryfire their bow. So I'd say the odds are in my favor. lol I think maybe some peoplemay beburned cause I got wthe same CB pkg they paid 700-800 bucks, for $550...lol
I should probably end this poll before it gets out of control.....

chris

Old 12-17-2007, 12:11 PM

$525.00 - go for it. I just bought the same bow and paid $549.00 for just the bow. The kit iwith bow is $799.00 at Cabelas. If I seen this deal, I would have snatched it up...
Old 12-17-2007, 01:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Safety Off

$525.00 - go for it. I just bought the same bow and paid $549.00 for just the bow. The kit is with bow is $799.00 at Cabelas. If I seen this deal, I would have snatched it up...
Another reason to shop BHSS. That bow new from them is $459, the right stuff pack with scope is $249. On the bow or package you would have saved 100 bucks. Cabelas is nice, but the hunters pay for the super size stores they have set up.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

About the only thing I buy from Cabelas is bulk .223 and 9mm ammo....They deliver to my door.
Old 12-18-2007, 11:36 PM

Well I kinda got hooked on Cabelas. I got a Cabelas credit card (VISA) and they give me Cabela bucks when I use it. SO, I use it to buy all my company stuffand everything else I need. Pay the bill at the end of the month and rack up bucks to spend like cash on anything in the catalog. I max it out all the time. The outcome is lots of money to spendon cool stuff inthe catalog. With the bucks, many items are free or cheaper then you can get anywhere else. Also, their customer service is second to none. They will just about take anything back no questions asked. However, they don't have everything and don't have guys like Dan Miller, Pydpiper or Awshucks to help you along. My .2 worth.