Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Lumizone

Old 12-13-2007, 08:08 AM

Default Lumizone

Well, the Lumizone I ordered made it in. Very nice looking scope. The lighted reticles are a great idea. I mounted the scope last night to my Horton Yukon with a Weaver base and Tasco 1" High rings.

I had previously disabled the Dial-a-Range - I didn't like it from the beginning.

I can't wait to get to shooting it. Thanks again Awshucks for the heads up on a great deal for this scope.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lumizone

If you find yourself 'reaching for the scope' to align your eye with the ocular bell and still have a good cheek weld, you may want to consider lower scope rings. Holler if you need help zeroing the multiple aim points.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:23 AM

I appreciate it Cossack.

I'm not sure I can use lower rings. When I was setting it up last night I had to place the scope as far back on thebase as it would go to get the proper view. In this position, the front of the scope barely fits over the front of the base. I've shouldered the bow and everything seems good so far.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

JD, keep us informed how it goes. I've been curious what effects ring height will have on the 30,40,50 yd things but never experimented w/ them
Old 12-13-2007, 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

JD, keep us informed how it goes. I've been curious what effects ring height will have on the 30,40,50 yd things but never experimented w/ them
Will do. I'm hoping the wife will let me sneak some shots in before this weekend. If not, I should have most of Saturday to get this sucker going.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

The reason you have to put it back so far may be becasue you're using high rings, otherwise you'd be leaning into the bow more and the optic bell woud be ahead of the base. Find someone who will let you try medium rings. The high rings on a gun decrease the point blank range ( distance at which an bullet croses the same vertical point up close and futher out). I'm thinkin' it's no different for an arrow.
Old 12-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cossack

The reason you have to put it back so far may be becasue you're using high rings, otherwise you'd be leaning into the bow more and the optic bell woud be ahead of the base. Find someone who will let you try medium rings. The high rings on a gun decrease the point blank range ( distance at which an bullet croses the same vertical point up close and futher out). I'm thinkin' it's no different for an arrow.
Cossack: I interpreted his post to mean that he needed high rings to get the objective end of L-zone to clear mount, but on second thought, shouldn't matter as my med rings clear same weaver style mount. Hmmm, a mystery, one possible explanation is he's calling med rings high? Helpus out here, lol.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:55 PM

I to have thought about getting higher rings. I have mine back as far as it can go with the front bell almost touching base also. Was thinking the same thing if I put on the next size up rings I could slide it back just a tad more and not feel like I am leaning into the scope to see good.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:40 AM

Cossack: I interpreted his post to mean that he needed high rings to get the objective end of L-zone to clear mount, but on second thought, shouldn't matter as my med rings clear same weaver style mount. Hmmm, a mystery, one possible explanation is he's calling med rings high? Helpus out here, lol.

This is the ring I am using. Tasco High Rings. I can just slide a piece of paper between the objective end of the L-Zone and the Weaver base. If I get time I will try to post a picture of my set up. I shot it last night at 10 yards just to check things out and I was a little high and to the right - "on the paper" so to speak. I think that is a good sign that I can get it to work.

The only reason I am using the high ringsis because Dave recommended them when I bought the scope. As it turns out, I need the scope as far back as possible, so it appears the high rings are probably needed to clear the base.The view is great with the scope where it is and it shoulders very naturally.

I will keep ya'll updated on my progress. Thanks for your help.

W
Old 12-14-2007, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it works that's all that matters. But if it's too long, and you're not getting a good cheek weld with high rings, so that lower rings would help you, can easily shorten it. I have cut off the weaver base in several gun applications because it was to long or for aesthetics. Even cut different slots with the side of a flat file. It's aluminum and cuts easily. Little bit of touch up paint and viola.

Quick Reply: Lumizone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.