Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Lumizone

Old 12-14-2007, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Lumizone

I've got one on my Desert Stryker. When the 20 yd cross hairs are set dead on at 20yds the 30 is a little high but 40 shoots way high. 50 is high too. When I get more time I'm going to try setting the 20 at 25yds and see how that works. I shot one the other evening at a good 33yds or so and it hit high. Wish they had adjustable points on a scope for the 30, 40 and so on. I like to be able to take shots at varmints at longer yardages it the chance presents itself. I have the ring set on 350 but mine is shooting flatter than that.
Old 12-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm... interesting post. I thought that was the whole purpose behind the design of these V-Zone and L-Zone scopes. To set it to the speed of your bow? I think I need to take a breather from all the technical stuff....lol Still have 25 days to deer hunt in IN anyways. Thanks for the post I almost bought ones of these scopes based on the posts I've read. Maybe not such a good deal afterall. My cheap 3 dot reddot was dead on at 20,30,40 $40 versus $100 thats something to consider. I've had noting but great luck with the reddots on a CB. But I admit I used to hate them for rifles. Maybe if it's not broke I shouldn't fix it? Maybe I also should have kept my Horton. I'm getting some mixed signals here lately. Thanks for the post and the good work. I almost bought a new Excal Vortex, V-Zone, the whole setup. I think I better wait now.....I'm not even sure the Excal is the way to go now. One day I read great things. The next day people are having trouble with them. Too late for the Horton it sold today for $450. At least I didn't lose anything on it.

chris
Old 12-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Typical Buck

buckhunter46755 the varizone and lumizone can and do adjust for different arrow speeds. The scope is goos fopr bows that shoot anywhere between 240-360 fps. If your bow is shooting way faster then that, then your going to be hitting high on your further distances.

Good luck.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:13 PM

His cb is shooting faster then what the Excal scopes are made for and that is why he is having the problems he has with it. The Excal scope works great on the Vortex and even greta on the Hortrons too.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

cool.. thanks for clearing that up for me guys. I prolly already new that. Sorry about that. I been kinda a d*ck lately and I apologize. Things been kinda sketchy here lately. I am sorry, I need to sort some things out and not drag my problems online. It's not you guys and gals fault. Sorry I been a smarta$$ the last few days. Ill definately be working on that. You are all so nice and helpful and nice to me I have no right to bring my attitude on here. I've been acting like a selfish prick. I feel bad now, but I DON"T want any sympathy. Don't deserve it. Because I have been kinda of a horsesarse lately. Sometimes I say things and come off sorta sh*tty. I'll try to do better.

chris
Old 12-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Big
Did you try using the bottom of the upper vertical wire (the dark heavy part) as your 20 aimpoint?
Old 12-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Fork Horn

My wife was going to buy me one of the two for Christmas. I told her I wanted to wait and get a few more arrows out of my three dot and get used to the bow a bit more. Since I'm shooting well over the maximum speed I guess I was making the right choice. I just wish my red dot(s) was more powerful.

We (virgins) get the greatest information on subjects I didn't know I needed.

Thank to all for such great help.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:46 PM

UPDATE: Dead on at 20 yards. I didn't get to shoot as much as I would've liked because of the weather on Saturday. Next goal will be tuning at 40 yards using the speed dial. I am loving the consistency I am getting using a rope cocker and a scope. I was cocking by hand and using the peep sight in the past.

Thanks all.