Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

O/T..Doc today........

Old 11-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default O/T..Doc today........

Big Releaf.
Had my visit to the Doc today and he removed my sling,he did it 3 weeks early said I was healing good and didnt need my arm slinged anymore...YEPEEEEEEE....
He also told me not to try and shoot my compound or recurves for atleast 5 months witch to me is like telling a child not to jump off the couch .....Of course I will listen to the Doc.[&o]...I still cant do any heavy lifting with it and no overhead lifting for awhile,Ill work thru PT and hopefully get my upper arm movement back..........and a BIG
Thanks to all of you guys.I nowhave one(2 ) more bows I can hunt with.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:08 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: O/T..Doc today........

Thats great news James! Now piterpater lets get ater!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:34 PM

He said compounds, I assume he said nothing about a crank right! LOL!! Glad you are doing well!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the crank figured out with the Profusion and the Vortex is a give-me....I should say that yesterday my 8yr old son and I went and took down one single 15ft ladder stand and my 12ft double person ladderstand,also moved my one groundblind,was getting leery about haveing too many stands out due to the fact there has been people on the north side of the property I hunt so now I have one 15ft stand and the one ground blind out there...
Old 11-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Doc didn't say anything about moving stands right? And bet you never asked him, lol, good to heare you are doing so well!!
Old 11-26-2007, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well Yaaa.My Mom told me not to jump on the couch too ....The stand removel wasnt that bad.
1st remove straps..
2nd tell son to move(after Iam down from stand).
and last but not least......PUSHHHHHH.....
Dragging them out was the bad part [:@],didnt get too much help from my son...

Iam hopeing by nxt June I can start useing my Trad bow again the compound is pretty much a give-me,Kinda like rideing a bike but the Trad Iam not sure about,I think it will come back to me in short time.15yrds I was hitting heart and lungs and at 20yrds I was more about lungs but then again I was just getting back into Trad when my shoulder went.
Now I will have 3 bow style opptions for nxt yr.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now for the important part...the PT. Don't dog it and push it along in a controlled manner. How well you do it may determione the future usefulness of your wing. (Personal experience) Good luck.
Was contemplating going up to the deer shack to do some muzzlelaoder hunting but the weather took a turn for the worse. -7 here this a.m. Not anxious to spend the night in a barely heated cabin under those conditions.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Boris it was -7 at the lake also,it froze over last night the strongest wind I had on my weather station was 42.1 that I saw so the wind chill had to be around -35-40 atleast...I know around 2 it was bad.