Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett any good

Old 11-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Barnett any good

Yep,its kinda cool,curious to see how their line is gonna do,hope they
bring it around!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:10 AM

i got PO'd at barnett once because i went on a hunt in '05 with my revolution and the safety mechanism broke which wouldn't let me cock the bow. i was being looked after though because my buddy had a trditions .50 sidelock muzzleloader and i got my deer with that. (it's what developed my interest in black powder).
anyway when i got back home i called customer service and tore into them about what had happened. they gave me an RA number and the bow came back like new. they went above and beyond in not only repairing the safety issue butthey also re-conditioned the bow like new and sent me a very nice letter apologizing about the inconvenience.so i have to give them credit about their customer service dept.
i'm glad i posted this. i was feeling bad about being on the "trash barnett" bandwagon. if you can't say nothin' good don't say nothin' at all. i guess maybe we all need to remember that more often.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:56 PM

ORIGINAL: navaman

i got PO'd at barnett once because i went on a hunt in '05 with my revolution and the safety mechanism broke which wouldn't let me cock the bow. i was being looked after though because my buddy had a trditions .50 sidelock muzzleloader and i got my deer with that. (it's what developed my interest in black powder).
anyway when i got back home i called customer service and tore into them about what had happened. they gave me an RA number and the bow came back like new. they went above and beyond in not only repairing the safety issue butthey also re-conditioned the bow like new and sent me a very nice letter apologizing about the inconvenience.so i have to give them credit about their customer service dept.
i'm glad i posted this. i was feeling bad about being on the "trash barnett" bandwagon. if you can't say nothin' good don't say nothin' at all. i guess maybe we all need to remember that more often.
same here; have never had anything except good from there people.only have had to get two things done , one on my bow and one on my wife's , the completly reworked both bows.new strings , rollers , with no charge except the shipping I spent to get it to them.
they are great.
Old 12-01-2007, 01:36 PM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

"excal is 5 i believe" Wrong, it's lifetime, no warranty cards w/ new bows or serial #'s Glad your Bnett is working out for you.
I am an excal owner, and althought I have heard they never turn away a repair, in all fairness the manual does say 5 years. For a little clarification I emailed the company and asked if there was a way to register. will let all know when I hear back straight from the source.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never owned a Barnett and don't intend to. Not bashing, any and all CB makers should have great repair service. Now IMO all CB's should be trouble free at least for the first 5,000 shots with the exception of strings and servings![8D]If yer CB doesn't do that you have invested in the wrong Company!
Old 12-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

To each his own choice,regardless, if it works for him and hes happy,COOL![8D]
Old 12-01-2007, 06:10 PM

Thanks for all the imput.I guess if your going to hunt you have to pay.This old man cann't afford the prices and those on ebay are over my head too.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: captainron62

ORIGINAL: awshucks

"excal is 5 i believe" Wrong, it's lifetime, no warranty cards w/ new bows or serial #'s Glad your Bnett is working out for you.
I am an excal owner, and althought I have heard they never turn away a repair, in all fairness the manual does say 5 years. For a little clarification I emailed the company and asked if there was a way to register. will let all know when I hear back straight from the source.
They also say no warrantyfor split limbs if you dryfire w/ FFF string, but have never heard of anyone having to pay for split limbs. There are guys getting stuff warrantied for free that they no longer make like the Relayer GT shoots. Fwiw: most other mfgrs are spot on w/ warranties too.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

Yogi i recomend barnett over anything but thats ive used so dont know how anything else is but barnetts are affordable and very good and cheap in price, also the warrenty is unbelievable considering im in ontario the only thing i pay is shipping............good luck hope this helps.