Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Dad Connected!!

Old 11-26-2007, 05:20 PM

Default RE: Dad Connected!!

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Jason, don't you think it looks really cool to see a picture like that?
Yes you are right! I struggled to get the deer in that pose and he was still some what flexible, but well worth the work. When I shot my buck his legs would not cooperate and my brother was wanting to get home, it was dark and things where not working out, but I still regret not asking my brother to hold the deer as I tucked the legs and posed the deer, they was just to stiff and I could not get it done. With dads deer we had the deer at the truck and ready to put in, then I realized what I had did an started dragging the deer back to the edge of the swamp and he thought I was nuts for a second. Then when I was ground wrestling his deer he really thought I was nuts! Went to take the pic and he just bent over a little and looked up, I had to tell him to take a knee, he knew I had flipped my lid at that point! The pic is going to Wal-mart.com for a print, he will see what ten minuets worth of work for a pic got him, only ten minuets and a pic to hang on a wall with pride.

You started it last year Don, and then some guys in the regular forum preached on it, and it is well worth the effort for the pic. I even covered the high shoulder neck shot with the gun! I did have the willies as I jammed the bucks tongue down its throat, visions of lock jaw! LOL!! And yes john, that was my fourth trip back up to deer after I tried to take photo, dad was tired of getting rained on at that point! Did not have the nerve for a fifth to tell him to hold the head up more, figured I was pushing it with him! LOL!!

Old 11-26-2007, 05:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hay....BIG CONGRATS to your Dad.....and a Bigway ta go to you Jason...Its a life long memory.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Well Jason, I would say that when you get your pics back your dad is going to love it. It really is the best picture I've seen yet this year. Like Dan said its first class!!!!!!