Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Which nock style?

Old 11-27-2007, 04:14 PM

Default RE: Which nock style?

ORIGINAL: ElevatedPredator
....so we both understand quite well (thank you) about dry-firing a compound.....
Just asking simple questions friend, don't get to excited on me! WE ask that alot, and the majority of the time people will explain a dry fire. I do not doubt you, was just trying to ask. The end of a pulley coming undone is new to me, but have seen some of the ones with no metal clading on the end and wondered about them.

As far as trying the lower end CB's you will see that all most all of them shoot just fine. The issue you will run into is how much you shoot. Some of the lower end CB's, and by this I mean the lower end Horton's, lower end Barrnetts, and the Chinese bows from catalogs, will not last and are made for the average weekend warrior IMO. First off is the serving material on a compound design will wear out fast if you like to shoot alot, meaning trips to a shop for a press monkey. Then you simply have the wear of the cams and cables to keep up with, that set up can run you 50 bucks a shot. If you do a moderate amount of shooting then any mid line CB will do. Ten point makes fine CB's, cant see why they cost like they do, can only hope the employees have great pay and benefits. But a top of the line Excal will only set you back four to five hundred bucks and you will have all you ever need. A nice top end Horton or parker will be about the same. All will kill a deer just fine too! Good luck and keep us up to date on your venture!