Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Exocet... not grouping well at all.

Old 11-20-2007, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Exocet... not grouping well at all.

You're getting good advice, the best was to not try b-heads til you are hitting dimes at 20 yds.w/ field points. You can get the arrows Cossack [and many others of us use] described from Danny Miller at [740] 483-2312. If you get to your wits end, give him a call and he'll figure it out for sure. Good luck!!
Old 11-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear Miller Killers are great. I made my own using components after I got the idea on this forum. Just like handloading my metalic cartridges, I get a kick using roll-your-owns for X bow.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:15 AM

As already said and don't mind saying it again get settled in with field tips. Once you know your bow and your set up is ok then go to b-heads. If you are crunched for time try a mechanical head, I am liking my Tekan II's so far from G5. Both deer have not went over fifty yards!
Old 11-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Happy Pappy something is hitting or very loose on yer CB. Bring yer string back close to high brace line.Make sure its not getting to hit the riser. You have trimmed plastic limb spacers. Sometimes those arrows get off, like they said use one and same one so you can see whats going on. Both limbs are snug with their limb bolts? The riser is snug in place and not moving from side to side at each shot ?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree Hotburn. Field tips more likely tell you if it's the bow or the bolt that's causing problems. Once you know it shoots, switch to broadheads. That will tell you if that particular head flies in your rig. And just becasue it works for someone else shooting different bolts does not mean it will work on yours. IMO the smaller the head the more likely it will fly from an X bow.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

Happy Pappy something is hitting or very loose on yer CB. Bring yer string back close to high brace line.Make sure its not getting to hit the riser. You have trimmed plastic limb spacers. Sometimes those arrows get off, like they said use one and same one so you can see whats going on. Both limbs are snug with their limb bolts? The riser is snug in place and not moving from side to side at each shot ?
The bottom of the riser has two small lips on either side that go over [outside] the rail edges. It's almost impossible for the riser to move once its aligned right and the two Allen screws snugged up good. This is the main reason you can take one apart for transport and re-assemble w/ no change in poi. One other thing I don't recall being mentioned is check to see if the string is sitting square to the rail when at rest. One more thing about Danny Miller. No matter where you buy your Excal products in the USA, if there is a problem, they end up at Danny's. You Excal guys can save alot of time and grief dealing directly w/ him.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:23 AM
Spike

Also did you spin test the arrows with the bheads and field tips? Ez to make one, just glue 4 marbles to a board about 11-12 inches apart, 2 at each end close together, insert tip, lay ovet the marbles and spin the arrow. watch for a wobble at the point of the tip. If you see any the arrow will not shoot very good. I even had field tips that had a bad wobble. Please keep us up to date on your progress.

Thanks, Stan
Old 11-24-2007, 02:41 PM

Any updates on the groups Jeff? Also, its been frosting hard here the last week or so, hows them turnips doing? Are you going out Monday for the pumpkin parade fest? I will be taking dad out next week and my nephew, not sure if I will take a gun or just be the dog for them. Will have camera ready so maybe I can get some action that way!
Old 12-01-2007, 03:57 AM
Spike

Hi, Having any luck with the groups? We would like to know what you find. My exocet had trouble when I shot wasps, switched to slick tricks.

Please keep us informed.

Thanks, Stan