Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Eight Point Buck Down!

Old 11-08-2007, 08:49 PM

Default Eight Point Buck Down!

Went out this evening for a great hunt! Had some does working the field off to my right and some had moved in front of me. None never came in close enough to get a good shot. Then behind me I heard a bunch of leaves crunching and by the time I seen him he was about twenty feet behind me. Grabed bow, turned on camera and it was all over in about thirty seconds! I have the footage, but as we all know I am no good camera man. Maybe I will get the footage ready after I work the weekend. But the Vortex did its job and the Tekan II's only let the deer go about fifty yards. Double lung and heart shoot! Some of the pics may not be good for the faint of heart!

Old 11-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Eight Point Buck Down!

Congratulations Jason! You da man!!!! Hoooooweeeee!!!!!!! I am very, very happy for you! I hope you had my string on your bow! LOL! The pic is a bit gorey but being a buddy it's excusable. Isn't life just awsome! I wish I was there to give you a high five!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:18 PM

Thanks Don! Your right about the pic, I assume you where talking about the second pic of me and the buck, did not realize the gut pile looked so bad in the pic. I took that one out but I like the heart shoot! It was a rush and this has had to be one of the best seasons in a long time!! Yes I did have your 36 strand excel on with the cat whiskers. The does out in the swamp area that where about sixty yards away never budged when I shot, they must not have heard it! LOL!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 05:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jason: WAY TO GO, BUD!! Congrats on the nice buck!!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:45 AM
Fork Horn

Hard to get a better shot then that! Nice job!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ATTA BOY Jason. I would agree from the picture that the deer was heart shot!!! I want to see how your vid turned out can't believe you even thought to turn it on.
I'm guessing not much time for buck fever. Don't you love those short tracking jobs.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Dominant Buck

WTG Jason......Excellent Job........Congrat's
Old 11-09-2007, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome Jason way ta go....You should send afew of thous bucks my way .
Old 11-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on getting yer nice 8 pt. Just getting them real regular now ain't cha!
Old 11-09-2007, 08:05 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments! The heart shot is just more forlooking cool then anything. I have shot plenty of deer, and other then my ML buck this is the first bow shot that I have hit the heart. I know the general area of the heart, but I always seem to just miss it, this time I got lucky and thought it was cool! Was happy this time thoughasI feel I am getting much better at being relaxed when shooting a buck. I have always found all my deer, but alot of times I am so pumped it's over and I don't even know what happened. Felt pretty good remembering to take a breath and aim high since he was as close tome as he was, maybe fiveyards tops. I hit about four inches to the right of the spine, right on the curve of his back on the back part of the rightlung. The arrow came outin his left arm pit. He did not run far andwhen he stopped the one time and started running he did the crooked run thing and I knew he was a done deal. I will get the footage John some time soon. But remember last time I was focused way out, well this time I am focused in so far you mainly only see the vitals of the deer when I shoot. The tree was to thick for me to fallow deer so the video is short, but you can see the rack pretty good as he walks under tree. Thanks all again!

Quick Reply: Eight Point Buck Down!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.