Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

shot one with 2 blade RAGE

Old 11-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Fork Horn

Default shot one with 2 blade RAGE

I shot my second deer of the year the other evening, the first was with a 3 blade RAGE - was not impressed with it's performance. I shotthis one was with a 2 blade RAGE and was even less impressed. The shot was at 12 yards, broadhead entered in the shoulder facing me and exited about 4 ribs behind the other shoulder taking out both lungs.
My brother was with me and filmed the hunt. We watched the deer as she ran off expecting her to fall at any time. At about 100 yards she stopped and layed down with her head down. We reviewed the video and saw the shot was near perfect. We waited til dark, packed up all of our gear and then headed to where she lay about 20-25 minutes after the shot. We got to where she had layed down and there was no deer to be found and little blood in the bed where she layed.
We decided to go to the house and wait before trailing any further after hearing a deer walking in the leaves ahead of us. Upon returning an hour later we found the doe about 60 yards from where she had first bedded down and right where we had heard the deer in the leaves earlier.
A 2 inch cut thru both lungs and this deer traveled over 150 yards and lived at least 25 minutes. These heads receive a lot of positive press and exposure on TV. Well I think I've given them a fair testing and to me they are pi$$ poor. You could not give me another oneof these overpriced pieces of JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The only reason I tried these RAGE heads was because friends had given them to me to test. THAT'S ENOUGH testing for me! It's back to my MUZZYS now, I know what they will do.

xbowbarry
Old 11-02-2007, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: shot one with 2 blade RAGE

I started using these.Was conserned with them opening premature,but they don'.bust through Leg bone and hold up well.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_10023_400014007_400000000_400014000_400-14-7

big rockpile
Old 11-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Every report I have heard on these Rage heads has been similar. It would be nice if you were to check the head and see how sharp it is now, and tell us if you havbe some idea of why they are so bad. Lee
Old 11-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

guys, here's a site that has unbiased reviews of various bheads. Sorry you have to register to read it all [quick and painless]. The owner has gone so far as to try and get Rage Bheads outlawed. None of this matters to me, I made my bhead choice quite some time back, but if you want to know how your choice stacks up, join and read:
http://btreviews.proboards57.com/index.cgi?
Old 11-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I myself was quite impressed with the rage heads. This is the entry hole from a rage 2 blade 100gr at 23yd.

Old 11-02-2007, 07:46 PM

I LOVE the way my rages perfforms and that is all i can say about them. I have heard mixed reviews but I absolutley love them.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:52 AM

Not sure that's due to it being a bad broadhead. You make a two inch gash in both lungs and that deer should be dead in 7 seconds. Sometimes that just happens, even with firearms. I shot a little six point broadside with a 12 ga slug taking out the back side shoulder. The deer ran past me on three legs and kept running. Followed good blood for 300 yards and even found a piece of a rib in the blood. Never found this deer, but I believe he was stolen. Bottom line is that the deer should have fallen in sight, but didn't. It just happens sometimes in my experience, even with perfectly performing weapons.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Both the 2 and 3 blade heads were full of hair after exiting the deer, this leads me to believe that they are not sharp enough. Both are extremely dull after going thru deer and I hunt from ground blinds so I don't drive b'heads into the ground. I too had a big gash in the deer I shot with the 2 blade but the blood trail was not there.
Bleeding causes death.
Sharp broadheads cause bleeding.

xbowbarry
Old 11-03-2007, 08:03 AM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

guys, here's a site that has unbiased reviews of various bheads. Sorry you have to register to read it all [quick and painless]. The owner has gone so far as to try and get Rage Bheads outlawed. None of this matters to me, I made my bhead choice quite some time back, but if you want to know how your choice stacks up, join and read:
http://btreviews.proboards57.com/index.cgi?

He has a beef with the 3blade version, 2blade is fine.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for pointing that out, Doegirl, was coming to do that just now and read your post.

Quick Reply: shot one with 2 blade RAGE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.