Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

A very solid core..

Old 10-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A very solid core..

I just gotta say the main bowhunting forum has SO many new posts that you can't possible keep up with them or have far to much idle time. It seems if your not a lifer or the subject is not highly contentious then the thread dies a quick death.

One thing for sure is that the core of life members respond to each other as quickly as the XBow guys do here and I often see newbies who post over there never to get a response. If youpost here in this small little group your gonna get lots of great info. Admitting to a mistake or misjudgement over there will likely lead to 5 pages of "FLAME ON"

I have also never seen so many guys that "pass" on 140 class deer and wonder if that is the gospel or if they have been readingto many magazines.

I know there ARE really great well accomplished hunters over there that do practice management.Some of those will shoot better deer than I will ever see and I applaud them but I am alsocertain there are some fertile imaginations.There are lots of champions with a few wanna bees mixed in.

PS. I'm just venting so keep your heads down and you would be wise to stay clear.>>>>>Whack!!!!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:36 PM

Default RE: A very solid core..

I know what you mean, a post gets lost in there real fast if it is not replied to by the right people real soon. We all are clicky by nature, just look at us. But we are small enough that we can keep up with each other and our newer folks. I too have made some post that have made it to the page two cemetery in no time at all. I always make post and then there are are some great guys in there that know there stuff and I look for there follow up. But lots of traffic and one has a hard time keeping up with it in there. But as like here, there is a core group over there that I look for there post because I feel like I am getting good info. Also a good group of them over there also do well with PM's if you are looking for certain info. As busy as mods are one spent a few PM's with me when looking into my camera stuff.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

90 percent of them yahoos shoot more BS than the law allows![:-]Yup they kill so many book bucks, always in their dreams and they be a legend in their own mind. Don't care if i step on both of their feet!If a deer comes by me thats legal i will try to put its running lights out and be real quick about it![]
Old 10-23-2007, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kinda like Iam better and smarter then you and your wrong Iam right,you dont know what your saying OR your ? aint worth my time......
I will just leave it at that..
But just about everysite has a small core of guys/galsthat have real good advice.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:16 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

and, unfortunately, that attitude doesnt just pertain to hunting or any specific forum, its anywhere and everywhere you go...
Old 10-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

well put. I agree with all that you guys said. I am pretty new to this forum and it has been vey helpful. There are some forums that I get pretty annoyed with and no longer visit. Initials AT. I made a forum that is just a few locals guys in my area (southeast PA). I don't think its any competition to this forum but I don't want to post any links without permission.