Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

O/T DVD Camera's

Old 10-04-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default O/T DVD Camera's

Hey i saw Hotburn76 Sony 108, is that a good one to buy? Maybe when xmas gets here and my transport run Boss gives me a small bonus i can add to it fer one.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:49 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: O/T DVD Camera's

RadioShack - More Product Information for the Sony DCR-DVD 108 DVD ...
Old 10-04-2007, 04:25 PM

I have not been using mine long smoke, but so far I like it. I went into this Camcorder stuff walking blind, and now I feel like I am wearing coke bottle glasses with busted up legs! Still not able to see if you know what I mean! But the scoop I came up with is there is basically four kinds of camcorders out there for the average Joe like you and me. There is what is called High Definition, they have a hard drive built in to them, this from what I see is top of the line kind. You notice on the cop shows and hospital shows them guys using a real small camcorder, but it has a big lens and nice long Mic on it sticking toward the front, Mic and lens is as big as camera, them are the hard drive kind. But to just jump into that market you start out at around 600 bucks and the sky is the limit. But from what the net and people say that is the best. You have to use a computer to get the movie to a DVD though, so good computer skills is a must with it to burn to DVD. Then there is two that are tied for second and third, I think the DVD is second, but some may think the MiniDV is second. I like my DVD format since if I have to I can watch my DVDs on a TV with out the intervention of the computer or software. I can take them out after done making and put right in the DVD player on TV and watch. And I can give to anyone to do the same. With the MiniDV you have to plug your camcorder into the computer to get them to a DVD. In my opinion why not just put it on DVD the first time? One advantage I have found with the MiniDV over the DVD is that the MiniDV can record one hour uninterrupted. The DVD can record on same quality 30 min one side, flip disk and 30 min other side, but I can turn it down and get 60 min per side if I want. One more advantage with MiniDV is that all computers, at least most newer ones have what is called Windows Movie Maker. It ismade just for the MiniDV people and from what others say it is great, but as I found out after I bought my DVD format, it does not work with it, so back out to store to get software for 50 bucks! So TheMiniDV has a couple advantages over DVD but the store that I went to said the DVD will be here a while and the MiniDV is being replaced by the Hard Drivekind. I also did not want to half to have a computer to see my movies. I canfilm and pop out and watch in my house or yours, and that was a plus for me. Also as a warning, you know how much I have helped you and others with the pics stuff, I like helping,butI was challenged to the point of tossing computer out trying to get video on the net. I would hate to see someone get the MiniDV style and then not be able to burn to a DVDwith out much effort, or have to rely on a kid in junior high to get it done for you, theDVD will let you watch with out computer junk! The computer Video editing was hard for me, but I am getting through it and so could others if they had help and needed it. The last kind is the kind that all the kinds are running around with filming each other jumping off of a house and landing on the car and having a broken leg. Them are cheap, low quality. They put memory on Cards like for cameras and then you are still a slave to computer. Them are cheap and small, perfect for kids!
Old 10-05-2007, 05:25 AM

The Sony dvd 108 great cam using the small dvd . I had the mini dv camcorders over the years......dvd is the way to go imho.
Like any other hobby the $$$$$ is never ending.....after you buy the cam you need a case or two....extra batteries , a tripod or two .....you know the senerio.
I just bought two batteries at a $100 each.
BOB