Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why Slicks??

Old 09-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Why Slicks??

I'm running low on my beloved 100 gr Rocket Steelheads. I have never has a failure of any sort with them and they cruise right on thru the kill zone. The only problem is never having quite enough bands for them and even that is a small price to pay for a arrow that flys like a dart.

What would the major selling point be for changing to another broadhead Slicks orotherwise. I'm just curious as people seem to be falling all over themselves when it comes to Slicks and I'm not sure why.I would change in a second if I thought I would see any benefit. I have never shot a more then one deer with a broadhead which might be cool but heck, I'venever shot one with the same .308 either.

I wonder if they still make Pluckets Bloodtrailers?? Boy that was a long time ago I used them. Has anyone ever seen them?

Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why Slicks??

here is heads i see at our bow range club most,

RAGE 3 BLADE
SLICK TRICKS
SPITFIRES 100/125
NAP 125
ZIWICKEYS
ROCKETS
Old 09-05-2007, 08:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Rage 3 blades have had major problems, pm me for links Sproul. If you ever try Slicks and see the blood trails you will understand.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

John, I am not a Slick Trick groupie like some other guys we know. But I will admit that they do fly really well. They are rugged purely by their simplicity. They are short so they work well on fast bows and their tips are small so penetration is good. But there are other great broadheads out there other then the Slick Trick. I really like the G5 Striker and the Magnus Stinger. Both are fixed and both are truly rugged and both fly really well. Check this out on Stingers, http://www.bowhunting.net/evaluation...s-Stinger.html
Old 09-05-2007, 09:04 PM

Slicks Will Fly Like A field point Or your money Back That is what The website says I think they Are awesome !
Old 09-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a groupie! News Flash for the non groupies, Hortons small profile b-heads are Montecs and I heard from a highly placed Horton person, they are gonna bail on Montecs. [and as rumor has it, go to 4 blade Muzzies]
Old 09-05-2007, 10:36 PM

I Just Bought 10 Packs Of the Slick Tricks 125 grain 1" Cut It is always nice to have Spair So if Any body orders any & there on Backorder Blaim Me ! I ve Spent hundreds of dollars in Broadheads From Muzzies to Aftershock To Wasps These Slick Tricks Are awesome Here is the Web Site ! http://www.slicktrick.net/
SLICK TRICK POLICY:
If you receive Tricks and are not pleased in any way, SLICK TRICK refuses to accept your money. Just return with a note and we will cheerfully replace or refund.
CUSTOMER SERVICE: 870-934-0131
DEALER ORDERS: 870-934-0131
FAX ORDERS: 870-934-0167

INDIVIDUAL ORDERS:
Old 09-06-2007, 05:38 AM

I tried them out last week and I am a believer. They flew exactly like my field points. I've known people that had to zero in their crossbow fortheir field points and then again for their broadheads. It's nice to know that I can shoot either and know when I change from one to the other that I'll still be zeroed in.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

I was stuck between the Slicks and some Muzzy MX-3's.

I ordered me some 100gr Slicks the other day having read countless posts of people loving them so much. If they fly like all others say great. If not I will send them back for a refund and go with the Muzzy's. So really the only thing I haveto looseis alittle bit of time. Only way to know if something works better than others is to try them.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:34 AM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

I'm a groupie! News Flash for the non groupies, Hortons small profile b-heads are Montecs and I heard from a highly placed Horton person, they are gonna bail on Montecs. [and as rumor has it, go to 4 blade Muzzies]

Are they going to bail on the Tekan Mechs also?

Quick Reply: Why Slicks??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.