Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

How to handle a spined deer??

Old 09-01-2007, 05:26 AM

Default RE: How to handle a spined deer??

no blowgun no psitol crossbow to finish off a dear! MAYBE a .22LR but why not shoot him again with the crossbow?
[/quote]

Isnt it illegal to carry a firearm while bow hunting?????????
Old 09-01-2007, 05:57 AM

yes it is but i am saying those two weapons would not be suitible to finish off a dear
Old 09-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Geez.. I'm not really gonna start carrying a Pistol Xbow as a side arm or carry a 9 foot blow gun.
I of course know I have to shoot another arrow it was 10 minutes and probably much less before the thrashing deer gave me anothergood shot and once they have been hit once they become much harder to kill even with a good shot.
I AM very pleased that all of you guys found the whole scene involving spine shot deer was verydistasteful.I got over it but if it doesn't bother you something is missing. Ihave enough respect for the deer that I OWE it a clean death.
It's funny how the Anti'sknow nothing about the woods. They get there limited info from fancy but purdy magazines. I know most of thefloura and fauna in the woods I hunt and see and know things those book readers will ever know. I picked up two nice sheds this week along with a really neat box turtle shell. Also even brought home a yellow feather of a bird I can't ID. Lame?? sure it is, but I know and care about my game and the woods they live in as much as any non-hunting clown.
PS.... If I shot my dear with a blow gun she would give me a beating and I would have to pick the dart out of her butt. Man would she be pissed..
Old 09-01-2007, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buttermilkranch

yes it is but i am saying those two weapons would not be suitible to finish off a dear
If you think Planter has an odd sense of humor, lol, don't even play w/ BuddyBo, he'll hurt your head
Old 09-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Knock'em in the head with a 4 lb. mall, won't never get up nor anything else cept its last poop!
Old 09-02-2007, 06:26 PM

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

Knock'em in the head with a 4 lb. mall, won't never get up nor anything esle cept its last poop!
\

I think the law states it has to be at least a 4 1/2 pound hammer
Old 09-02-2007, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

In that case tote a 16 oz. ballpeen also.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smoke old fella. I can usually decipher your text but what the heck is "esle cept its last poop" ??
Using a mall is so old school. Today's high tech hunter carries a nail gun with a small compressor...
I have seen a small steer hit in the forehead with a long handle 16 lb sledge.The guy stood above the beefand POW down it went.Just like a brick sh^%house.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

It be a misspelled word, else![]I shall change it sorry!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Young fella i am to old to drag an air compressor and nail gun plus a gen. to run it with after a spine shot deer!So either i will shoot it again or it and i will dance together in thar woods, but it ain't getting away nor suffer long![8D]

Quick Reply: How to handle a spined deer??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.