Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Nap Quick Spins....

Old 08-07-2007, 08:54 PM

Default Nap Quick Spins....

Well I made it out to the in laws today and was able to shoot the Nap quick spins that I did. I weighed the three arrows and all where within one grain of each other and then I weighed and matched all the 100 grain field tips too. Was spanking them in on the twenty, about a half to three quarter inch high at twenty yards but hitting dead nuts on. reset scope and backed right up to forty and they where flying great but high so on my third round of shots I had the lumizone dialed in and took a shot and heard a weird sound on my first of three shots, at first I thought it was the dry fire Excal curse, and then looked down and seen only two arrows. Puzzled I walked up to target and and seen a nice busted five gallon bucket that I have my target on. Here at forty I had a brain fart and used my twenty hair and the arrow went about ten inches low and into the top of the bucket! It was a clean pass through! LOL!! So I spent until dark looking in the bean field for my arrow. Found it right at dark, two of the three vanes where still on too! SoI am happy so far, but it sucks that I did that to an arrow. The shaft looks fine so I have too look it over again and decide if I want to reuse it. Also, I am using a slight right off set like they say you can on the nap site.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Nap Quick Spins....

I have mistakenly used the crosshairs at ranges farther than 20 yards my share of times.. Glad to hear you found your arrow! It is most likely fine, bend it and listen closely.

Old 08-08-2007, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Nap Quick Spins....

aye it's easy to do. that's why i hunt witha red dot with one dot.[8D]