Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

crossbow recoil?

Old 08-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default crossbow recoil?

I was watching a tv show the other day and a guy was hunting with an Excal. After the shot the camera zoomed in and showed a pretty little half moon cut between his eyes just like from a high powered rifle. They acted like it was normal.
I have a special device hold my bow since I'm paralyzed so I don't notice any recoil, I've also had friends shoot my bow with no noticeable recoil either.
How about you guys?

xbowbarry
Old 08-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: crossbow recoil?

I haven't seen anybody with an Excal have recoil cut from a scope. I have never stuck my eye up into the scope for it to cut me. Saying that, my Exocet 200 doesn't have much of a recoil. Never felt anything with mine.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:54 PM

the only recoil a I feel is a slight little jerk forward thats it. Not realy anything o worry about or even consider
Old 08-06-2007, 06:11 PM

I have a guy a work that did the same thing with his Horton about four years ago. I could never understand how he did it. When I was bench shooting my Excal and my Horton in the past I would pretty much let the rest hold the CB and it would not move at all when fired with me just reaching around to squeeze the trigger. Sometimes I wonder if the guys that do it just happen to have there eye right on the scope and when they pull the trigger they have a bad case of trigger jerk and actually pull the scope into there own eye. My Multiretical scope has a nice crisp edge on it and it would not take much of a hit to make a small cut. The guy at work just barley broke the skin, but since I recognized it he told me it was from his scope. Like I say though, I just cant see how it happens with a CB?
Old 08-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

Hotburn, I have just one question. What is a dang Multi tire cow scope and where can I get one? It sounds bad man. I gotta have one. Will it make my ten point xbow kick more and eye sock me good? Boy,you got all the good equiptment. LOL
BBO
Old 08-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never had scope eye but I have seen afew guys with it but it is usealy from a 308/30-06/7mm never from a CB.....CB Scope Eye...FUNNY.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

BBO: If Jason is talking about the Horton 4x multi reticule xbow scope, you already know enough not to want one. Imho, after 2 failures they are the worst out there.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: BuddyBo

Hotburn, I have just one question. What is a dang Multi tire cow scope and where can I get one? It sounds bad man. I gotta have one. Will it make my ten point xbow kick more and eye sock me good? Boy,you got all the good equiptment. LOL
BBO
Ya know I don't know when and why I started calling it a Multiretical, but its Horton's Mult-A-Range scope. I had it on my slower old super mag, and its not dead on at thirty and forty and it came as a package on my Supermax and it was not right on for it either. It still works and has not broke, but fogs up if the clouds even think of farting! I would recommend a Excal scope any day for any CB. I hope all the CB makers slapped there engineers up side the head when Excal came up with the Varizone. Its so simple! Why where they not doing it! Other companies had to say "wow, that was so easy its stupid!" I don't have all the good stuff, Dan has to have more, since I get all the advice from him! LOL!!
Old 08-07-2007, 04:52 AM

When I was about 10 I wanted to shoot my dads Excalibur, so he let me. Sure enough, eye relief was not right soI creeped up on er'. When I shot, Wap! I had a nice half moon to show my buddies at school.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:01 AM
Typical Buck

Shortly after having my Exocet 200 at home my cousin and I went out back flicked on my range lights and launched a few arrows.
Came in the house and noticed a fine line of blood running down his face, very funny indeed!

Quick Reply: crossbow recoil?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.