Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Scope Question

Old 08-06-2007, 09:17 AM

Default RE: Scope Question

I made the above post because I was afraid I may have confused you more since you only had a blank post with a line! LOL!! But yes the Horton One inch rings will work just fine on the Excal. I was going into alot of detail cause I did not want to see you spend 33 bucks on a rail kit you may have not needed. Rings only cost 18 bucks and if you did not need the rail you would have wasted fifteen bucks. The 33 dollar kit is what you need and the Horton rings will work.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:20 AM

Thanks, I appreciate you going into such detail. I messed up my previous post and since I couldnt figure out how to delete it I just erased it and put the _ until I could edit it. I also would have hated to spend money on the kitif I only needed the rings. I'll probably go ahead and order it later today. I've read so many good things about the LumiZone, cant wait to test it out.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't spend alot of money on rings, cheapies from Mal-Wart work as well as any. "Integral Mount" means there are no rings on red dot. Like Jason said, if you have a weaver style mount under it, all you need are rings and scope. I'd consider pinning the dial-a-rage in one spot. Here's what a chunk of weaver style base looks like on a prototype range finder mount. It's upside down for what your mount will look like.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:13 AM

Idecided to hold off until I can get home later to look. I'm still not sure whether I have the base under the scope or not. Once I find out I'll go ahead and order what I need. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:57 PM

Here is a pic of a Horton integral mount scope. It is basically a Horton scope rail, rings, and scope all in one piece. Saves Horton a few bucks I guess. If you have this you need the package for 33 bucks. Notice there is no screws on the bottom side of this scope. It all in one, the slant on this one is the pivot point for the dial a range.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:01 PM

This is a pic of a Horton regular red dot scope with built in rings. It will mount to any 7/8 weaver style base. It is a scope and rings built into one piece. Notice the the screws on the bottom of the scope for mounting to a weaver rail.

If you have this then you just need any set of one inch scope rings for a weaver base.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang, Jason, you good!!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:25 PM

I'm not good, it's about one quarter fact that I know of and like to share, one quarter I think is fact and try to share if I think its safe, and the other half is mostly just made up and you guys fall for it! LOL!!

I have been shooting them for a long time, I have plenty of Horton brochures and cabelas catalogs next to the crapper so I have been up to speed for the most part on them, its you Excal guys that I need to catch up with! LOL!!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:12 AM

I appreciate all the help Hotburn. I did in fact have the integral site in your first picture. I went ahead and ordered the LumiZone scope and the Horton mounting kit.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

hey b in atl,

Just saw an Excal Varizone on ebay for $89, just in case.

xbowbarry