Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Two quickies...

Old 07-28-2007, 09:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Two quickies...

I was paper shootingand tuning my Hoyt Vortex yesterday and the holes were as clean as a whistle...
Then just for fun I took a few shots with the pheonix.It shot perfect little holes with no problem..Then I cocked the bow with the string pulled back unevenly and got some wild holes Clearly indicating that arrows were justwas not flying right.It just showed me how critical it was to pull the string STRAIGHT back.
I could not seem to make the bow shoot with tail up or tail down no matter what I did. The arrows shot off center also hit theBlock poorly (not straight in) which surely would be a penetration killer even with a well placed shot...>>>>>>>>Whack!!!
PS.... I forgot what the second quickie was..Either getting older or the 70's are kicking in.. Oh Yeah..I remember!!

How do I make a gravity fed PVC feeder. Not that the deer touch my corn..I Just can't understand why they don't eat the stuff...
Old 07-28-2007, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Two quickies...

I dont remember the 70's so cant help ya...well maybe 1 or 2 things anyway .
Hoyt Vortex??????????
Old 07-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Vortex is just my old fashioned compound bow. Great bow or at least I like it which is pretty much all that matters. Probably 3 years old so may be out of date..LOL
Old 07-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take a six foot section of pvc pipe,put a cap on the top,out a Y on the
bottom part with the y up,cap the bottom and you are good to go!If you
drill a half inch hole about 4 foot from the bottom run a lag bolt thru it
into the tree and when its time to fill just rotate it up is a lot easier to
fill and you dont have to stand up on something to fill er up!
Old 07-28-2007, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Planter: Will take a pic of one of mine and post tomorrow. Did read of a better design though. 5 gal plastic bucket w/ lid, 1 1/2 " hole in bottom, 3/4" dowel about 16" long, two nails to keep dowel in bucket, hang in tree at deer height w/ pbutter on dowel end. As they lick the dowel it moves and allows corn to drop. Use your imagination, lol, the pvc ones tend to get nasty when it rains. The bucket feeder is on Excal forum somewhere.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys/Dan... A pic of the 5 gallon bucket feeder would be way cool. Buckets I have, PVC I don't. I don't think my deer even like corn so I thought I would try a deer chow type feed along with the corn. Will the bucket keep the chow dry cause it sure does not hold up well to moisture.

Old 07-29-2007, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I got 4 of the pvc ones. The bucket type has been on my "to do" list for a couple of years now, but think Yote has a working model.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

more details on bucket type from Excal:

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14352&highlight=bucket+feeder

Store bought same thing:

Hanging Deer Feeders

Moultrie hanging wildlife feeders are perfect for feeding on uneven or heavily wooded terrain, hanging feeders easily hang from any rope, chain or cable. Moultrie Feeders makes it easy to automatically distribute feed such as shelled corn, soy beans and pelletized feed.

MFH-AP5
5 Gallon All in One with Photocell

Moultrie's All-in-One wildlife feeder series has everything you need to get started feeding. The 5-gallon photocell model is perfect for the no-hassle nature lover. Complete with feeder, bucket, funnel and batteries, all you need is the feed. Simply pull the feeder out of the box by its handle and it snaps together, in a snap! No assembly or extra parts required.
[ul][*]No Assembly![*]5-gallon plastic, tapered bucket[*]Feed twice a day a dawn and dusk[*]Metal spin plate[*]Built-in funnel design keeps food from trapping on bottom and sides of bucket[*]Adjustable feed times[*]Test button for easy set-up[*]Capability to attach solar panel (not included; only compatible with rechargeable batteries)[*]New efficiencies and battery design doubles run time, providing 4 months field life![*]Includes four Moultrie AA alkaline batteries[/ul]
Moultrie's All-in-One feeders are collapsible for easy storing and transporting.

PRICE:
$54.99
Qty.

Add to order

MFH-AT5
5 Gallon All in One with Timer

The All-in-One feeder series by Moultrie includes everything you need to start feeding and there's no assembly needed! The feeder, bucket, funnel and batteries are ready for you to use. The timer model gives you more control with a programmable digital timer that feeds up to four times a day. No assembly or extra parts required, we even included batteries!
[ul][*]No Assembly![*]5-gallon plastic, tapered bucket[*]Digital timer programs up to 4 different feed times a day[*]Metal spin plate[*]Adjustable feed times (1-20 seconds)[*]Test button for easy set-up[*]Capability to attach solar panel (not included; only compatible with rechargeable batteries)[*]New efficiencies and battery design doubles run time, providing 4 months field life![*]Includes four Moultrie AA alkaline batteries[/ul]
Moultrie's All-in-One feeders are collapsible for easy storing and transporting.

PRICE:
$69.99
Qty.

Add to order

MFH-EP6.5
6.5 Gallon Econo Plus Hanging Feeder

Start simple with Moultrie's Econo Plus Series. No programming needed - simply fill with feed, insert battery and this feeder runs itself. The Econo Plus game feeder will run twice a day at dusk and dawn. The feeder offers an additional option to program the feeder to run 30 minutes before dusk. This feature gives you the ability to pattern game to feed earlier in the evening.
[ul][*]Adjustable photocell timer allows you to choose light level for evening feed cycle up to 30 min. before sunset.[*]Adjustable feed setting of 4-16 seconds run time allows feed amounts for each cycle to be customized.[*]Redesigned ABS plastic housing is durable and user friendly.[*]Metal constructed bucket has capacity to hold 40lbs. of feed.[*]360° feed pattern for widespread coverage.[*]Bucket features Next G-1 camouflage
[/ul]Operates on one 6-volt battery Model MFH-RB6 (sold separately).).

PRICE:
$69.99
Qty.

Add to order

MFH-Q6.5
6.5 Gallon Phantom Quiet Feeder

The Phantom Quiet feeder is the perfect solution to feeding on hunt clubs or public land when you want to keep your feeder's location unknown to other hunters. The secret to this product is the paddle wheel dispenser and chute, which provide a natural trickle-like motion for extremely quiet operation. Corn falls through the funnel, which is surrounded with brush-like bristles to deafen the feeder's sound. Paddle wheel churns the corn through the chute opening at the bottom of the feeder. All of this coordination produces a truly silent feeder.
[ul][*]Water wheel dispenser provides trickle-like motion to dispense food quietly so that feeding location cannot be heard and game is not scared away when feeding.[*]Tough ABS plastic housing.[*]Adjustable photocell timer allows you to choose light level for evening feed cycle up to 30 min. before sunset.[*]Adjustable feed setting of 4-18 seconds run time allows feed amounts for each cycle to be customized.[*]Bucket features Next G-1 camouflage
[/ul]Operates on one 6-volt battery Model MFH-RB6 (sold separately).

PRICE:
$79.99
Qty.

Add to order

MFH-DF6.5
6.5 Gallon Directional Hanging Feeder

New Design

Cast feed precisely where you want with Moultrie's directional feeder. The 6.5-gallon directional feeder allows you to feed directly down a trail or over a pond without wasting feed.
[ul][*]Straigt 25-ft casting distance.[*]Directional shroud[*]Digital timer, set to feed up to 6 different times a day[*]Customize feed dispense times between 1-20 seconds[*]Metal constructed bucket has 40 lb. capacity.[*]Operates on one 6-volt battery (battery not included).[*]Bucket features Next G-1 camouflage
[/ul]

PRICE:
$79.99
Qty.

Add to order

MFH-PHB6.5
6.5 Gallon Pro Hunter Hanging Feeder

Step up to Moultrie's Pro Hunter Series that offers both functionality and economy. Our programmable Pro Hunter feeders feature a programmable to-the-minute digital timer, metal spin plate and funnel, and a low price that makes it affordable to outfit your entire property with feeders.
[ul][*]Schedule up to 6 different feed times a day.[*]New up-to-the-minute timer lets you precisely program start time.[*]Customize feed amounts with variable feed settings (1-20 seconds run time).[*]Throws feed in a 40-ft diameter circle.[*]Diamond shaped metal spin plate and funnel.[*]ABS plastic kit housing is durable and user friendly.[*]Metal constructed bucket has 40 lb. capacity, approx. 2 weeks worth of feeding.[*]Operates on one 6-volt battery (battery not included).[*]Bucket features Next G-1 camouflage
[/ul]

PRICE:
$79.99
Qty.

Add to order

MFH-EF
Easy Feed Demand Feeder

No batteries or timers to fool with! Quickly and easily set up this feeder and watch deer line up to feed!
[ul][*]No programming neede for effortless set-up.[*]Deer feed with ease by nudging rod to dispense feed.[*]Metal constructed bucket has the capacity to hold 40lbs. of feed and bears Next G-1 camouflage.

[/ul]

PRICE:
$24.99
Old 07-29-2007, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for long cut and paste, the last one was the only one I thought would show.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Great thread! Thanks for the links too!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.