Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Two quickies...

Old 07-29-2007, 11:10 AM

Default RE: Two quickies...

I have the Phantom feeder and it is working great for me. I converted it to a digital timer and have it mounted on the bottom of a feeder drum from cabelas that holds 150 pounds of corn and is lasting me just over a month. Put a solar charger on it and a rechargeable batteries back in first of march and it has been running fine ever since. I think I have about 175 bucks in the whole set up. Getting ready to turn it down or off though since the corn is putting on its ears and the beans are getting ready to fill out around here and when that happens the corn sits on the ground and rots. Will not be used by deer much until after mid winter in January when the fields get picked over.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a dowel and a bucket with a lid so I am ready to go.. Can't get much cheaper..Thanks.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Typical Buck

An old broom handle will get the job done too!
Old 07-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Planter I will draw a picture and have my wife send it so you can see how it works!I run a piece of pvc thru the bottom where I have drilled the holes and cut the top of it out so as the deer bump it it drops the corn on the groundworks super good still use two as my wife got me Moultries for
my birthday,will get it on as fast as I can!
Old 07-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope this helps you have used this in all kinds of weather,corn stays
dry,great feeder!