Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Arizonz EZ and CB bolts

Old 07-27-2007, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Arizonz EZ and CB bolts

Started using the EZ, practicing on some old nocked shafts that needed re fletching. Am running into a problem seating the shaft into the jig. I've indexed the jig so the nock is right with the cock vane. However, because the half moon knock is so shallow it sits ON the partition that is normally straddled by a deep nock, which in turn holds the arrow steady while the jig is being closed. Crossbow bolts sit rather loosly in the jig, and can wobble one way or another while it is being closed. This isn't condusive to precise vane application.

Long story short, is there a trick/gizmo that can be applied to hold the bolt more firmly in the AZ jig while closing it?

Old 07-27-2007, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Arizonz EZ and CB bolts

Can't index right using half moon nok!
Old 07-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ways to use that fletching jig. one way is to take field pt. and glue a regular arrow nok on it, the pt. end.Then screw it into an insert and push insert into shaft, don't glue insert. Second way is to use the nok setup made by Ten Pt. They use a poly insert with a small sq. in it and they have little sq. noks that push in and pull out for reusing. One set will do dz.s of arrows.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

smoke,
Indexing isn't the problem, keeping the bolt steady while closing the jig is.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats why you need the arrow nok. i have had one of those AZ. EZ fletch jigs for over 20.years. Only way i ever figured how to keep them right for fletching CB arrows.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, smoke. Found the little Ten Point gizmos on line. That will work for new bolts. Guess I'll have to remove/replace the nocks of my old bolts I'm refletching if I go this way. If memory serves me someone (on another forum) made a holder out of a pencil erasor of all things.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

what bow you shooting?

Old 07-27-2007, 09:27 PM

Can you post a link to the ten point gizmo?
Old 07-28-2007, 04:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

The Ten Pt. doodads work well, only size i found couple of years back was 2219. Of course those were just my size. I haven't checked to see if they have any fer 2213 or 2216 or 2117. Never paid no mind about carbons as i don't shoot'em.
Old 07-28-2007, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Found the gizmos at Keystone Country Store, Ten Point accesories (sent you PM hotburn, can't cut and paste here).
I'm shooting the Parker Terminator and Excal Vortex and have four makes of bolts for now; they use different nocks of two diameters (Of course!)
But, being the tinkerer that I am, a plan hatched as I went to bed last night.
Going to cut down several sets of x bow nocks and arrow nock and fasten the two together. They are both hollow inside so a cut down barbed aluminum nail and epoxy will join the two solidly.
It occurred to me that wrapping teflon tape around a long stemmed arrow nock would work too (or Red Geen's solution...Duct Tape).

Quick Reply: Arizonz EZ and CB bolts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.