Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Offset Test

Old 07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Offset Test

Here's a link to a guys tests on some different offsets, would appear it doesn't matter much on target arrows.
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=18634&postdays=0&postorder =asc&start=0
Old 07-27-2007, 03:33 PM

Default RE: Offset Test

I have heard what he is saying about offset before. But as one guy in there said and as you mentioned it is OK on target arrows or field tips but does make a difference on B-heads. Some like to do there own test.... and others like to just take advice that others say works! Me, I like the forums with info and like saving time and money! I only like doing experiments if there is no info or I smell BS, usually the forums will have enough info where you can get what you need and not waste your time. I think he will be surprised when he does the B-head test.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

I have been wanting to jump in and explain why an arrow needs to spin, so far so good though..[:@]
Old 07-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can flat out tell ya there ain't no diff in whatever offset miller sells and the 8 degree rt hand helical on AZ-EZ.[bheads] They actually look almost the same if you sight down a single vane, except the helical look curved and the offset are straight but the angle appears the same, at least imho.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:47 PM

You need to make a post on here Dave about what you think of it all. I am new to the fletching thing and am at a start of a learning curve. I was always under the understanding that you can't be straight with B-heads because of the B-head can start to steer the arrow, and you need the helical or offset to turn the arrow and correct this. Is this right?

Andif I read right what you are saying about the difference in degree is minimal as long as you have some rightDan?

Help theyoung grasshopper old wise ones!! LOL!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ive fletched alot of arrows in my timebut never for crossbow,I was under the impression that with the CB you didnt want to go over 4 degree due to the fact the vain has to tavel down the rail.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

Ive fletched alot of arrows in my timebut never for crossbow,I was under the impression that with the CB you didnt want to go over 4 degree due to the fact the vain has to tavel down the rail.
think that applies more to feathers than vanes. I do know for a fact that 8 deg. w/ 2" Blazers or 4" vanes, no problemo. Miller told me that was the one to get, btw.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got the 4 from Dan....
Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm thinking there's something where more helical is actually like less straight offset, but have nothing to back it up w/, lol.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:31 PM

Probably been asked before.... But I need a good definition on what exactly Helical is and what Offset is please. Is there a difference? Potato or Pototo kinda thing?

Quick Reply: Offset Test

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.