Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Tracer nocks

Old 07-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default Tracer nocks

Just wondering if any of you had tried Tracer lighted nocks on your bolts.
I had Dan Miller of Ohio make me a couple of bolts with these lighted nocks
on them last year and they are SUPER! Since all of my hunting is done from the ground these nocks really help me find my bolts, and watching one disappear thru a deer is awesome.
Check'em out.
wws.tracerarrow.com
xbowbarry
Old 07-16-2007, 06:18 PM

Default RE: Tracer nocks

Did not know Danny did that! Now I will know what my next order will have to be! I wander how much the tracer inserts weigh compared to the aluminum ones?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:31 PM

wow they are awesome ! ,two questions does it cut the fps of the bolt ? with the 30 grains .How much do they run ?
I've seen some for regular arrows at walmart for $9 a piece ,but im not to sure how they would work , and im not compromising mycarbon arrows the wayihave them set up now, but i'llsee after thishunting season howthe feed back is on people that used them ? and go from there , but as for my crossbow i can try them , i have extra's just in case
Old 07-17-2007, 07:04 AM
Fork Horn

All I know is that I won't hunt in the evenings without them.
Dan Millers arrows and Tracer nocks...the only way to go!

xbowbarry
Old 07-17-2007, 08:26 AM

I use Tracers and I LOVE them. It made a big difference on my Thanksgiving day hunt last year. I shot my deer 5 minutes before legal time ended deep in the woods on a rainy day. I never would have found that bolt otherwise. I snuck out of my blind and pulled the bolt out of the ground 10 minutes after the shot. Knowing that the buck was perfectly broadside to me and seeing the bubbly lung blood told me that I had almost definitely double-lunged him. That gave me the confidence to start looking for him right away. Unfortunately... it took a few hours to find him because it was too wet and dark to track well, but the Tracer can't do much about that!
Old 07-17-2007, 08:11 PM
Typical Buck

have'nt tried the tracers....but, i use the luminocks and will never hunt without them again. they are super for my old eyes. hehe.