Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Looking For a Used Crossbow

Old 07-14-2007, 09:10 PM

Default Looking For a Used Crossbow

I have about 500 or so dollars and am looking for a used bow with all the trimmings. I am new to this but have read a ton of info on here and kind of have an idea. Anyone have something for sale please let me know.
Thanks
Old 07-15-2007, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Looking For a Used Crossbow

Ad removed.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bigg~BirddVA

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=156753#156753

Ready to go, all you need is Bambi at 20 yds.
That's a good deal. I've done bidness w/ Rick, A1 guy!
Old 07-15-2007, 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: scpatterson

I have about 500 or so dollars and am looking for a used bow with all the trimmings. I am new to this but have read a ton of info on here and kind of have an idea. Anyone have something for sale please let me know.
Thanks
if you would want an Excalibur...not that the one already mentioned isnt a good price, i think most would much rather have new with a warranty then a used bow any day.

the Pheonix complete package deal that bowhunterssuperstore is offering at $499.95 is hard to beat, below is the link and its the5th one down from thetop of the page.

plus...better yet the shipping is FREE!

best of luck & happy hunting

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/...d8f388629b5a45
Old 07-15-2007, 04:59 PM

I lookeed at the Pheonix again at Bass Pro and I think I am going to order one from Bow Hunetr Superstore. Thanks for the input
Old 07-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: xbowhunter17268

ORIGINAL: scpatterson

Thanks
if you would want an Excalibur...not that the one already mentioned isnt a good price, i think most would much rather have new with a warranty then a used bow any day.

the Pheonix complete package deal that bowhunterssuperstore is offering at $499.95 is hard to beat, below is the link and its the5th one down from thetop of the page.

plus...better yet the shipping is FREE!

best of luck & happy hunting

http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/...d8f388629b5a45
Here's a little factoid for ya, Excals have virtually a life time warranty for anything but stupidity. Guys are getting 20 yr old bows warranteed when needed.

The only down side to the bow posted is it's carved limb tips vs molded, which means it can only use dacron strings, which means it shoots about the same fps as a Phoenix. there are several people that have dry-fired Excals and split a limb, myself included that got them replaced for free under warranty by being honest. Try that w/ a compound.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:29 PM

qoute:awshucks

Here's a little factoid for ya, Excals have virtually a life time warranty for anything but stupidity. Guys are getting 20 yr old bows warranteed when needed.

The only down side to the bow posted is it's carved limb tips vs molded, which means it can only use dacron strings, which means it shoots about the same fps as a Phoenix. there are several people that have dry-fired Excals and split a limb, myself included that got them replaced for free under warranty by being honest. Try that w/ a compound.

__________________________________________________ __________

who said anything about a compound?

i was just trying to give the guy a heads up to a great deal on a new crossbow, wasn't trying to cut anyones throat on another deal or anything' just trying to give the gentleman another option to explore before making up his mind.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:03 PM

I did not intend for this to be so heated. I was just looking for a bow. I dont think that anyone was trying p/o anybody or cut anyones throats. I will justgo toBass Pro for a new one!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

This type of post happens alot, so no one will be upset. awshucks was referring to regular compound bows being dry fired and breaking limbs. Most of the time an Excal won't have any damage. Then again he my have been thinking of CB compounds!
Old 07-16-2007, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for the confusion, was referring to compound xbows being dry fired. I had a compound blow up, kinda like kissing a grenade, lol.

Quick Reply: Looking For a Used Crossbow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.