Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

I'm new here

Old 07-14-2007, 08:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I'm new here

I also left outanother important fact.
I shoot an Excalibur Exocet -the old model with a new set of limbs which fire my bolts at 286 fps.
Mybolts are Gold Tips made by Dan Miller of Horizontal Archery in Ohio.
My Broadheads are Muzzy 100's.
This has proved to be a very lethal combo.

xbowbarry
Old 07-14-2007, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

xbb, you're ahead of the game already, lol. I'm getting the same fps w/ my Phoenix and Millers Killers, w/ Slicks.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:42 PM

Barry, Glad you are making the best of things. I too was paralyzed but by Gods Grace I was healed and walk again. No real explaination by the docs, but again that was in1969 and technology wasn't the best. I have lots of issues like pain for the big one and foot drop is the newest. I drag my feet of course and was walking through the yard, toe caught, I can't tell, and straight over the top it went....Crunch. Now in a big ol' moon boot of a thing. As the result of a horrendous car crash (i was rearended) I have a brain injury and had to have my left shoulder reconstructed. I tried a vertical bow custom made in low poundage, but just couldn't do it once the scar tissue formed. SO, now I am taking up the crossbow. Just got one off these boards, a Horton Hunter 200lb. setup complete w/all the bells and whistles I guess from my limited knowlege of them.

I am next door to the west.....in West by God Virginia.

Do you use ground blinds, natural or the tent type or ???
Any tips on how to hunt with a xb on the ground would be greatly appreciated.

I am a lifelong hunter too. Quite established as a bowhunter having taken nearly 300 critters of all types, all over the US and Canada. Those days, as you know are gone. Now deer will be it. Of course there are Turkeys in the spring.

Would you mind telling me some hunting tales using your xbow. I love a good BS session and now fellow disabled hunters are more important to me. Love to hear detailed success stories. I bet others would too.

WELCOME

Dave in WV
Old 07-18-2007, 11:35 PM

welcome aboard
Old 07-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Typical Buck

welcome to the forum. sorry to hear of your injury. many of us here use xbows due to injuries or disabilities tho not nearly as extensive as yours. you've hooked up with dan miller and you shoot the best crossbow ever. lol. i too shoot an exocet. sounds like you're well on your way bro.