Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Broadheads and crossbows

Old 07-24-2007, 08:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Broadheads and crossbows

that testis on internet,i dont know how to paste it for you....
he is from italy.....
thunderheads do shoot well out of my brothers bow and i used thunderheads for years...
i felt that arrow must not be TUNED on that other guys ,not brother..

boy, you cant even say something on here that you dont take exception too.

where is saying it sounds like gun BASHING?

for gosh sake, looosen up a little...
Old 07-24-2007, 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

crossbows are veryaccurate,just aim and it hits where you want..
even makes noise like gun...
This is the post that Dan, AKA AWSHUCKS is referring to. You comparing a CB to being similar to a gun. I personally was trying to ignore your post since this is usually your pattern of being gone for a while and then showing up with a vengeance like a bad case of hemorrhoids or something similar,making informative post but usually laced with snide remarks. You act like since you are older and have a state that likes to label you as a minorityto be able to use a CB. You think for you it is OK and the rest of us are just lazy. You have made remarks like that in the past about your mighty recurve days and like to look down on those of us wholive in FREE states the allow ALL to hunt withlegal legitimate equipment they want. I think you could offer some good info if you would back off your snide little digsat the CB community that you often make. Act like you did when you first got your CB and needed advice, you did not start acting like you do now until after you had the advice you needed. The above quote was only made as a bash at a CB and nothing less. Hopefully your latest binge will run out of gas soon to!
Old 07-25-2007, 05:25 AM

Right on brother Hotburn!!!!!!!! Dont go away mad just go away.........
Old 07-25-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sproulman: I have the Italian site on favorites and talk to Matthias from time to time. Look, you have alot of good info to share, lots of experience to fall back on and good tips from time to time, like the cheap laddewr stands. But, it's like Hotburn said, those constant little digs at xbows just don't get it here. We get enough of that w/ out any help from you, and like it here because of the lack of it. Now, let's just start fresh and see how it goes?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm interested to hear a little more about broadhead weight. I assumed that weight forward balance works just as well for crossbow bolts as it does arrows at making for more stable flight.

I know I'm a bit on my own when it comes to rigging up broadheads for my midieval crossbow and have some serious experimenting to do, but maybe you guys could help me focus in on a starting point. My original intent was to start out with a 145 gn glue on for my wood shafts, which would be just a tad more than a 125 gn head + insert for a screw-in type. Are you talking about mfrs recommending 100 gn heads on only carbon, or does that apply to heavier aluminum as well?
Old 07-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Boys, this venom carrier has had a few complaints about him and has been warned. If you guys complain enough to Christine she just may put him into hyperspace for a 99 years or so. In the end its up to us.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi Arthur P! There's a gent on Archery Talk xbow forum making and selling medevials. Seems like a nice guy and has posted quite a bit of info, you may want to talk w/ him. His target sghooting w/ one is excellent considering a lack of sights. He also posted a few videos some time back, hope this helps!!
Old 07-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

You say they've got a crossbow forum now? My, my... haven't they grown.

I quit going to AT years ago. I had 'personality conflicts' with too many of the bozos there. Might have to drop in and take a peek at the xbow forum. Thanks for the tip.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://home.att.net/%7Esajackson/foc.html
Auther P. take a look at this,all arrows need to balance and this is diagramed out so it is easy to understand. There is a lot of good info look around this page it may answer some other questions. Lee
Old 07-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Boys, this venom carrier has had a few complaints about him and has been warned. If you guys complain enough to Christine she just may put him into hyperspace for a 99 years or so. In the end its up to us.

talking about VENOM,they captured over 7 rattlesnakes today,1 was48 inchs long,a new pipeline is going thru my hunting area..
dominion resourses has hired a snake catcher,i went with him with my hunting dog..
he goes ahead of d-9 dozers and captures rattlers and then releases them in another area...

my lab jumped into the trench they dug and i had to go down and lift him out, it was 12 ft deep for 100 miles,rope and all..

what a day....
sorry i got off topic but when you mentioned i am snake, i had to tell story.....

Quick Reply: Broadheads and crossbows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.