Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Why Crossbows????

Old 04-02-2007, 06:48 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Why Crossbows????

Boys, lets not start a pi$$'n contest and try to educate. BB said it all in his last post.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:11 AM

Bigg~Birdd,

It appears I am fighting a losing battle for some of you crossbow hunters. While trying to understand the "Why", there are some who do their best to alienate compound bowhunters- all the while chanting "We are all bowhunters!"

You cant have it both ways. It feels like you crossbow guyshave been unfairly treated like stepchildren and do not trust compound bowhunters. So, you automatically (and mistakenly!) runoffthe compound bowhunters (falsely accusing them of "thinking they are better") then complain that youare "nottreated the same".Again, I say this is a mistake.

This has been one of the most informative threads I have participated in. Met some wonderful and intelligent people and know that, for the most part, our passion for hunting is still intact. I will stop by from time to time and say "Hi" to everyone. Might even look into buying one of those "mysterious and too-lethal crossbows". (Ha! Ha!)

Thanks, everyone.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:15 AM

DnK,

The archery community is lucky to have you as a member.

Thanks.
Old 04-02-2007, 07:57 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Dave, the feeling is mutual. You are a refreshing change from what we are accustomed to. I am sorry you're experience wasn't perfect but I know you're knowledge base has been expanded.
Carefull Dave, once you've spent some time with a crossbow like an Excalibur or like quality, you'll be hooked!
Have fun and I am sure you'll do well with your ranch with your attitude.
Don
Old 04-02-2007, 09:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Montana Dave

Hotburn,

I am just puzzled as to how you couldbe upset about my statement: "I am an avid bowhunting fanatic and chose archery because I like the challenge of archery, up close, etc."
I am doing my best to explain, but maybe my words are not coming out right. When you ask why and then say the above statement that you chose archery because I like the challenge, up close. ect... you say to me and others that a crossbow is not worthy of being called archery. I for one find that as a insult, plain and simple. By saying it is not archery is a lie. If you want to have a category that is for archery that by definition it would have to be for long bows only. If for what ever your reason my method of launching a arrow is not archery then you must also admit a compound is not archery. All the fiber optic sights, 80% let off, you have a trigger just like me and they now even offer red dot scopes for compound's. That one line I feel is a form of segregation and ones self of thinking you are better then others. That statement implies that I have no skill and none is needed to shoot a deer with a CB. The only advantage I have over you is I do not have to draw on a up close deer. But that is the only advantage I feel I have over you.

Please help me understand. Man, if that offended ANYONE, you know what.... GOOD!I enjoy getting up close and experiencing the "pure" spirit of the hunt. Why would that cause you to do a "lip curl"?

If anyone would understand, I figured you would.
When you say Good, you are admitting how you truly feel about the CB crowd. Again, I said my lip curls because you insult the CB crowd by saying your method is more worthy then mine. I will only take crap from one crowd and that is the traditional crowd. That takes alot of time and skill IMO. They are the only ones that can say they are doing it the hard way. A modern Compound is only a light shade of gray behind a CB with all the technology you guys have on them.

Old 04-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Jason, read this. Maybe too many words, miss-communication, weariness, fear etc etc. But fortuneatly I think Dave is ahead in what he knows. That was the purpose of his visit here.
x From: Montana Dave To: Dnk Date: 4/1/2007 1:13:49 PM Subject: RE: thread
With you??? Thats an understatement! I am going to PROMOTE crossbow hunting at my place. To alienate compound bowhunters is a mistake! Archery is archery! Isnt that what crossbow hunters say they support? Crossbow hunters are treated differently, for whatever reason.For that, I am sorry. I dont agree with it- but it is true.

(Now the following is directed at everyone including me)I'd hate to think that his impression of us is that we are a bunch of arguementative jerks. We have been granted the technology to converse over continents and countries. Lets be wise and use this wonderfull tool to educate and inform people about what we really are. I know its hard to drop our guards but we somehow have to, well maybe not with Sproule but everyone else.............

Old 04-02-2007, 09:57 AM

Hotburn,

For whatever reason, you have it in your head that I am out to get you. I can assure you that you're wrong.

Every bowhunter I know takes up archery in order to accomplish something more difficult (than rifle) and get close. If this insults you to the point of doing a "lip curl", please, for laughters sake, let us all know "why" you took up bowhunting.

I patiently await your response.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Dave, I just visited your website. Pretty cool. Prices are pretty good too. Is it only exotics?
Old 04-02-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Dave, I just visited your website. Pretty cool. Prices are pretty good too. Is it only exotics?
Ditto on the above! I'm guessing you have hogs too? If you end up allowing xbows, I might be interested in a hunt.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:46 AM

Hogs have moved in lately and I have declared war on them. How does $5. apiece sound? Please know I am not trying to promote my ranch here. Please PM me with questionsabout the Ranch.

And yes, I will now allow crossbows. Archery is archery, right?You have to agree to share some of that backstrap on the grill one night, though! (Ha! Ha!)

Quick Reply: Why Crossbows????

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.